KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bust your bubbles but this wasnt on an sx. It was on an 08 ltr. Mods were je 13.5 piston, hotcam intake cam, mild ported head, fuel intake, and yosh pim. Stock pipe vs. fmf ti megabomb full system. LOL This is funny. Can you say waste of $700 dollars for Ltr owners anyways. I just dont see it being any better on the ktm. Sorry boys. Soon as someone sends me theirs Ill throw those numbers up to. I can test anyones fmf on either the sx or xc.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
No FMF for Brad....Check!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another guy on the ds450 forums posted similar results. He said the full system lost about 3/4whp over stock pipe with cork out. He then took the megabomb head pipe off and put the stocker back on and gained 2whp over stock can. So it was just a slip on. Though the only thing I can say about this is that the ds450 has a very bad stock can and should be easy to slip something on and make more power. Obviously the megabomb is a power robber on the ds450 and the ltr450. I dont see it being different on other machines.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Another guy on the ds450 forums posted similar results. He said the full system lost about 3/4whp over stock pipe with cork out. He then took the megabomb head pipe off and put the stocker back on and gained 2whp over stock can. So it was just a slip on. Though the only thing I can say about this is that the ds450 has a very bad stock can and should be easy to slip something on and make more power. Obviously the megabomb is a power robber on the ds450 and the ltr450. I dont see it being different on other machines.
Do you think that Tim Farr would put them on Adam's and Kiser's quads if they were that bad? Just my humble opinion?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think that Tim Farr would put them on Adam's and Kiser's quads if they were that bad? Just my humble opinion?

The pipes are given to them as sponsorship. Thats why they run them. They dont have a choice. Ktm and fmf are paired up. Thats my opinion on the deal. Fmf has proven to be a gimmic!!!!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hey Driver you have a 525? I am going to change my stock head out for a ported one with 1mm+ Valves in a few weeks and I can send the stocker to Mike to get it ported then get Mike to bat it back to you with 1st stage porting then send back to Mike for 2nd stage porting and back for dynoing then back to Mike for 3rd stage? Anyway let me know something we'll work something out where we can do some real time testing...I can send a new FCR 41mm carb also...525 stock cylinder also might change for a 570 kit? Any ideas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
So sad, I have the full system and now I feel like I got raped on this hole system. So anybody wanna buy a full fmf system.. Big B

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Driver you have a 525? I am going to change my stock head out for a ported one with 1mm+ Valves in a few weeks and I can send the stocker to Mike to get it ported then get Mike to bat it back to you with 1st stage porting then send back to Mike for 2nd stage porting and back for dynoing then back to Mike for 3rd stage? Anyway let me know something we'll work something out where we can do some real time testing...I can send a new FCR 41mm carb also...525 stock cylinder also might change for a 570 kit? Any ideas?

I think we can get that done. Let me talk to my buddy walt (ranchero) and see if he is down for some fun. LOL

·
Registered
769 Posts
LTZ470, That would be a large amount of work to do all three stages, I'd be an expert at splitting the cam chain, let alone all the cam changes/dynoing Driver and I have planned, who is Mike? and what is the diff. between his stages of porting? I also have a spare head at the porters, I have a custom 99mm CP 12.5 to 1 piston waiting for me to send off with my spare cylinder to Thumper racing for the big bore, if I ever catch up on bills maybe I can get some of this stuff done :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Big B- Dont get upset, send your pipe to Driver to have him test it FIRST, maybe its better matched on the KTM!

Ranchero-Mike as in Mike at ATP. Personally I would STAY AWAY from him and his work. I bought 4,300 dollars of wasted time and motorwork. I dont trust him. Had a VERY bad experience with him :(

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big B- Dont get upset, send your pipe to Driver to have him test it FIRST, maybe its better matched on the KTM!

Ranchero-Mike as in Mike at ATP. Personally I would STAY AWAY from him and his work. I bought 4,300 dollars of wasted time and motorwork. I dont trust him. Had a VERY bad experience with him :(

Thats just to bad. Im gonna be using either dasa or venom for the porting on my ktm. Im thinking venom. Time will tell. Ranchero has a friend that is a killer porter and has flow bench and all. I think he has been porting for like 20yrs. now. Im sure Rancheros bike is gonna be a monster.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So sad, I have the full system and now I feel like I got raped on this hole system. So anybody wanna buy a full fmf system.. Big B
Send it to me to test. You never know and better to know than hope!! I can test it pretty quick and send it back. Rancheros bike is literally 3min from the dyno. We can use his bike or my sx depending on what you have it for.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Send it to me to test. You never know and better to know than hope!! I can test it pretty quick and send it back. Rancheros bike is literally 3min from the dyno. We can use his bike or my sx depending on what you have it for.

I think he has it for an SX. So Anthony, do you think Dasa will have a full pipe at all for the SX?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

Mike at Motoheadz Racing here on the forum....same guy as you are talking about?
Stage 1 Port = Clean up mild porting
Stage Two = full race porting
Stage Three = +1mm Valves and drag porting

Something like that? or does that sound ignorant?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts

Please clarify, I am confused... So Mike Walker @ ATP Racing did ,300 worth of KTM motor work for you and it was junk? I thought he was a pretty reputable LTR motor guy; I didn't think he was going to work on the KTM, atleast that is what he told me?

Mike at Motoheadz Racing here on the forum....same guy as you are talking about?
Stage 1 Port = Clean up mild porting
Stage Two = full race porting
Stage Three = +1mm Valves and drag porting

Something like that? or does that sound ignorant?
Cole they are talking about two different Mike's... Mike Hauso is MOTO HEADZ RACING and is not the same person as Ranchero-Mike, aka Mike Walker @ ATP Racing.

Mike Hauso aka MOTO HEADZ RACING has his shit together and his work is very legitimate...

This post has really confused me, someone please calirfy...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think I'm now confused, Kinda why I ask "who is Mike", much better to use business names, if they have one, the porter I use started porting 4 stroke motor cycle heads in 1959, yes that's right been porting for almost 50 years, he is a Mechanical Engineer by trade, he has had a flow bench sense the early 70's, he has all the right tools to do the job correctly, I do not claim to be a porter, this is the guy that ported the head on my old LTR, I think it is the most powerfull LTR in the nation! 64.5HP and 43.5 ft lbs, with those numbers he has to be doing something right,

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'm now confused, Kinda why I ask "who is Mike", much better to use business names, if they have one, the porter I use started porting 4 stroke motor cycle heads in 1959, yes that's right been porting for almost 50 years, he is a Mechanical Engineer by trade, he has had a flow bench sense the early 70's, he has all the right tools to do the job correctly, I do not claim to be a porter, this is the guy that ported the head on my old LTR, I think it is the most powerfull LTR in the nation! 64.5HP and 43.5 ft lbs, with those numbers he has to be doing something right,
Its definately up there and pulls way hard.

Bronson, he was referring to an ltr build that he spent a grip on that only ran OK.

·
Registered
769 Posts
One more thing, my name is not Mike, you can call me Ranchero or Walt, just don't confuse me with someone else, Driver311 and I do all this stuff out of fun/love of the sport, and of course looking for more HP, we have tested everythink people have thrown at us, I have assisted Driver in thousands of Dyno runs, including cam and pipe shootouts, we did 9 cam changes in one night on an LTR, dyno'ing each one, with Driver getting a SX you guys will have lots of info coming, good, bad, or ugly, makes no diff to us, we are not getting paid by any business/manufacturer

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes I was reffering to Mike at ATP for my LTR build. I spent a grip and got dissapointed BADLY!

I am not sure who will be doing my SX next winter. I should just get it first! :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts