KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I done a Hare scramble over the weekend and it whooped my a$$. My arms, hands and my throttle thumb went numb and went stiff. I was wondering if Flexx Bars would help out and what could I do with the throttle so it doesn't push so hard.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I done a Hare scramble over the weekend and it whooped my a$$. My arms, hands and my throttle thumb went numb and went stiff. I was wondering if Flexx Bars would help out and what could I do with the throttle so it doesn't push so hard.
I run the flex bars and I guess they help. You can send your carb to Baldwin racing and for around $35.00 he will put a lighter spring in it and rebore the slide, he claims a 40% reduction from stock pull!!! I plan to have mine done as soon as I can live without it for a week or so.
Some people have also bent the thumb throttle lever forward a little to reduce the long reach back to push it, that alone would help alot too. I hope this helps

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
As for the throttle I went to toykyomods.com and bought a spring for $30 and installed it myself. Huge difference just from that. Then I bought a Honda thumb throttle (450r, 400ex etc) off Ebay and got the TPS bypass switch from T & K Cycles. Works perfect now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The Flexx bars seem like they help with my wrist pain, but I can't really say that they reduce arm pump since there are several other factors. How hard do you hold on to the bars? Learning to keep a looser grip will take some of the arm pump away, also check into a damper/stabilizer if you don't have one. These things made the biggest difference for me. I also switched to an 07 Honda throttle with an extended lever, but the Baldwin mod sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
140 Posts
All the suggestions help Flexx, Damper, gel grips, TWIST THROTTLE, helps reduce arm pump massive,Don't hang on so tight let your body float with the quad and lots of training, get with Moto X Nutrition their supplements also help out w/ arm pump and fatigue. Lots of water start hydrating several days before a race. Most of all training, exercise and ride, ride , ride, and did mention RIDE!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Send the carb to baldwin is a must. Flexx bars help reduce vibration and numbness in the hands, i also bend the thumb lever, just perfect now

·
Registered
66 Posts
All the suggestions help Flexx, Damper, gel grips, TWIST THROTTLE, helps reduce arm pump massive,Don't hang on so tight let your body float with the quad and lots of training, get with Moto X Nutrition their supplements also help out w/ arm pump and fatigue. Lots of water start hydrating several days before a race. Most of all training, exercise and ride, ride , ride, and did mention RIDE!

Is there a twist throttle that fit´s directly or what?? i have been wondering why the hell most atv´s come with thumb throttle?? The new GASGAS atv comes stock with twist throttle.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Send the carb to baldwin is a must. Flexx bars help reduce vibration and numbness in the hands, i also bend the thumb lever, just perfect now
Stryker, did you have to heat up the lever to bend it? or did you just put it in a vice?
Thanks,
AboveAll1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there a twist throttle that fit´s directly or what?? i have been wondering why the hell most atv´s come with thumb throttle?? The new GASGAS atv comes stock with twist throttle.

Motion Pro makes a kit that comes with safety switch to replace thumb throttle, contact Motion Pro ask for Larry and he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stryker, did you have to heat up the lever to bend it? or did you just put it in a vice?
Thanks,
AboveAll1
took it off, ,put it in a vice, heated it and then bent it. Worked really well, just take it slow

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
took it off, ,put it in a vice, heated it and then bent it. Worked really well, just take it slow
Cool, thanks. Just got my TokyoMods spring gonna get to it after my 4th of July River trip!

·
Registered
78 Posts
As for the throttle I went to toykyomods.com and bought a spring for and installed it myself. Huge difference just from that. Then I bought a Honda thumb throttle (450r, 400ex etc) off Ebay and got the TPS bypass switch from T & K Cycles. Works perfect now.

How do I get hold of T&K Cycles. Thanks

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
check out racing tips & tricks, what I put in there worked very well for me and I am an avid mx racer. I also run flexx bars, would'nt run anything else.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
How do I get hold of T&K Cycles. Thanks
This switch will allow you to use a twist throttle or a honda thumb throttle. Turn the key on, push the switch and you are good to go until you turn the key off. We are selling them for 79.95 each plus 8.00 ups shipping and tax in FL.
Thank You
T and K Cycles
239-728-5001
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts