KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to a practice at a track near my house the other day, had the SX with a quad tech hump seat and the XC with all the goodies on it. first lap found interesting point #1 the quad tech seat cuts off the air intake, so the quad tech weent on the XC and the SX seat went back to its original bike(the XC seat has a giant rip in it)

the suspension is, dare i say it, better than the XC, somehow it outperforms it, idk how. but the thing is, this motor is very smooth, but it falls flat on its face on the top end, the stock exhaust is wy too restrictive, and the stock bars are too small and too narrow, Flexxs are going on for the weekend. the bike is awesome in the whoops, and it rips on the jumps, it does outpower the XC but not by much. i'm more comfortable on the XC and i can ride harder on it, but i think the new bars will do the trick

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Good honest opinion.. can you tell us all the mods to your XC so we can compare better?

Also, if you need an exhaust hit me up! I can help you with that "restrictive stock exhaust" issue you have.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
hmmmmmmm the dirtbike SX motor kickthe butt out of RFS - XC engines...... I'd expected that thing to blow the xc into the weeds...........

anyone able to check the camshaft parts numbers for the SX quad vs the SX dirtbike to see if they are the same...........

Pull the end cap out of the stock exhasut and see if it's condusive to "selective removal" of sparky setup ??

·
Registered
53 Posts
hmmmmmmm the dirtbike SX motor kickthe butt out of RFS - XC engines...... I'd expected that thing to blow the xc into the weeds........... anyone able to check the camshaft parts numbers for the SX quad vs the SX dirtbike to see if they are the same........... Pull the end cap out of the stock exhasut and see if it's condusive to "selective removal" of sparky setup ??
I'm very curiouse to know if the 505 sx motor if its that much better or more powerful than the 525xc motor because I was thinking about buying an sx and narrowing it up for the woods if the 505 is That much better motor wise than the 525xc. Is it worth I guess time will tell

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the XC has a Hindle full system which makes a nice increase in power, it has the SX a-arms, flexx bars, hleshots, hipers and some cosmetic stuff, and now a brand new quad tech hump seat
which i wont be able to use on the SX.

thanks TrEw but Hindle has me covered for pipes, what kind of pipes do you offer just out of curiosity.

The stock exhaust is way too restrictive, it definetly has more jam than the XC but the XC has the top end where the SX has the smooth, powerful midrange, the powerband is so linear that it really doesnt feel like youre going fast until you shoot off the end of the corner, it happened more than once lol

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Sounds good man, I'm offering Dasa exhausts. I'm not a dealer for them, but a good friend is and I'm just going thru him to get some deals for you guys.

Thanks, jay

·
Registered
53 Posts
the XC has a Hindle full system which makes a nice increase in power, it has the SX a-arms, flexx bars, hleshots, hipers and some cosmetic stuff, and now a brand new quad tech hump seat
which i wont be able to use on the SX. thanks TrEw but Hindle has me covered for pipes, what kind of pipes do you offer just out of curiosity. The stock exhaust is way too restrictive, it definetly has more jam than the XC but the XC has the top end where the SX has the smooth, powerful midrange, the powerband is so linear that it really doesnt feel like youre going fast until you shoot off the end of the corner, it happened more than once lol
. So if under stand you right the sx has more giddyup than the xc? I can't wait for a side by side comparsion with similar mods I really curiouse I'm a hill climbing type of rider which one do you think would be the better weapon?

·
Registered
207 Posts
So what do you recommend ? To sell my XC to buy the SX or shall I still drive with the XC one year more ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
So what do you recommend ? To sell my XC to buy the SX or shall I still drive with the XC one year more ?

Id recomend staying with the XC for one more year to see what they change/improve on the sx (if anything) since it is in the first year of production. Thats just my humble opinion tho.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
hell I'd have both if the budget would stretch.........

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Well guys, the sx sounds really awsome, but the reverse was a must for me, so I went with the xc.

My first mx practice 9/28/08 with the xc was quite fun, and for the first time I have found a quad that seems to handle 80ft jumps with ease,gets up to speed very quickly, stops very quickly, almost to quick, turns on a dime, just a really nice quad in my opinion. Please don't get me wrong I am sure that sx is a little better, but this xc will for sure suffice for me. I do hope I don't have some of the issues that some others have had, but time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SX>XC

the SX kicks some serious ass, we took it to gopher, my buddy who runs pro ran it, bone stock, and beat Greg Gee's Can-am to the first corner and led the first two laps before being pushed into the deep sand and getting hung up on the berm

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sean Macaulay, and it was Greg Gee himself. apparently he lives within 20 minutes of the track

1 - 15 of 15 Posts