KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was a xc race, first off i loved how my quad performed, especially the suspensoin...thanks again rocket ron's racing, but the problems i found were the the tie rods ends froze up, because of a lack of grease, and the ball joints were the same way, so lube them up. the clutch master cylinder is leaking, the rear brakes are sticking, and my rear wheel hub nuts were loose. but nothing really all that major, but just giving you guys a heads up. but as fas as passing people, absolutely no problems what so ever. this was my first time ever riding the quad, and i moved up a class, pulled the holeshot easily, and i won my class by 9 minutes, and it felt effortless. but i am overall extremey satisfied so far.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
nice job, im not one for XC myself, ive been in one race and i crashed a couple times.

thanks for the info

·
Registered
18 Posts
I must misunderstand something then...I have not idea how its done on the quads...please expalin what you would have to do...and how are you going tp rebuild it...put new gaskets ???...how is it done ???

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its on the handlebars, it is basically made just like the brake master cylinder, but its used for a clutch lever, its has a piston in it, and some seals, iif dirt makes its way in there it will hold the seals open and let fluid come out, then you have to go in and replace whats worn, or just clean it out if there is no damage to the seals. its pretty simple really.

·
Registered
18 Posts
its on the handlebars, it is basically made just like the brake master cylinder, but its used for a clutch lever, its has a piston in it, and some seals, iif dirt makes its way in there it will hold the seals open and let fluid come out, then you have to go in and replace whats worn, or just clean it out if there is no damage to the seals. its pretty simple really.
Oh ...I see...thanks for explanations...Not a big deal then...I thought it was engine problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts