KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everybody know that the KTM did some good at Sparta this past weekend. Got 2nd in my class. Yes I know just beginners 25+ but I figured I only had around 4 rides on it before racing and plust I'm 40 Plus I had the 2nd best lap time. The KTM did well, just need some more adjustment on the rear shock, straight aways was killing me, The rear end was kicking all over the place. Yes I'm nice and sore today. but looking forward on racing again this sunday.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't race but I ride a lot of whoops at the dunes, What helped me the most with the rear was to run the rebound 4 clicks out from max. Rear is to springy at standard settings. I set the compression about 7 clicks from max. See how that works for ya. Or if you want it perfect and a little lowered, give rocket Ron a call or pm.
-Voodoo

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Well done! Go the oldies.
Just finished setting mine up on an MX track.
Backed the rear compression off 2 clicks & increased the rear rebound by 4 clicks.
On the front I run +2 a arms. Backed the compression off 3 clicks & left the rebound as is.
I am 98kg fully loaded.
I'm also on the wrong side of 40!
Hope this helps a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
we stiffened up the back and softened the front and it works awesome!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going 2 have 2 try something. By the way Rocketron worked on my shocks prier 2 this race. And I talked with him after the races and he told me what I should do. I may just get him 2 do the upgrade on my shocks.. but it will have 2 wait till after sunday got another race this weekend. Thanks for the advice. Big B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.