KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, B2machine was hurt yesturday. He is in Icu at a Portland hospital. Ohsu on Sam Jackson park rd. he is currently sedated and on a ventilator. He is a super guy. I know he would help any of us in a bad situation so I'm taking ideas on a way to help him. But I have a thought. How about a parts drive? I have a bunch I can sell. I don't use many stock parts. So I'll get a list and post it. Others can donate to it and money will go to him and his family. He has a young son and a new wife. His name is bobby Whitaker. I'm going to send his family flowers if anyone wants to help that's great.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ill do whatever I can. Im only a couple hours away and have a shop and everything to put his bike back together. Lets all get together to help him out

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ya it was an atv accident at Sand lakes dunes in Oregon. He took an ambulance ride to the local hospital then they flew him in to portland.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, he's going to surgery tomorrow and will be in a full upper body cast or a halo for 8-10 weeks. This is gonna be a long recovery for him.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Update, he's going to surgery tomorrow and will be in a full upper body cast or a halo for 8-10 weeks. This is gonna be a long recovery for him.
holy crap dude, what the heck did he do?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He has a broken back, top if his spine is cracked ,shattered shoulder and broken hand. May be more he's not able to talk. He's on a ventilator in Icu.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks to be totaled not sure but the frame looks bent, subframe is shot. Arms are bent. I already commited to send him full front end. A stock exhaust. And a axle. But if frame is bent he won't be rebuilding it is my guess. I still haven't talked to him just his wife. He is still out. But I want to get it fixed if its fixable. He's gonna be off work along time he may need to sell to keep the lights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
We have almost a full rolling chassis at HB Cycle in Lindsay, ON. Contact Phil he'll be willing to part with it. 1-705-328-2453. Hopefully he gets well soon! I broke my T5, T6, and T7 last year but I was very lucky in regards to repercussions. Best wishes to him and his family

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He was not wearing a helmet. Dr told him he was a 1percenter if he had one on he'd be dead. It would snapped his neck. The insurance guy totaled the bike. I get all Info from his wife. Bobby has not opened his eyes in awhile. His heart actually stoped today and had to get shock paddles 3 times and CPR. He came back to life. I was hoping for a speedy recovery, right now I just hope he recovers. I have lots of parts but no frame. I already offered them everything I had but does no good I frames bad. His insurance pays a whopping 1k in medical bills. I think that may cover the asprin. I'm gonna lost all the parts I have up for sale all proceeds will goto Bobby's family

·
Registered
19 Posts
It happened on the flat area. There is section where it's always bare (no sand). The wind had scoured out the area, leaving a few patches that were a couple inches deep in places. Add to that the substantial drifts that were present, and the fact most people are wide open throttle at that point, and you have one heck of a surprise to deal with. I know because I was on my wife's bike full throttle when I came across it. Scared the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well crap, I just got off the phone with Bobby's wife. He took a turn for the worse! He is pronounced brain dead now. His wife ( marrissa) just called me. She's so upset. This is a terrible thing. He was a great guy! He was being a father to her son. Cameron is his name and his real dad is a dead beat. Cares nothing about him and does nothing with him. He finally got a father figure to help him grow up right. I know she won't ever see this message but I hope she does just as good as she did with bobby. I wish her good luck. She has some hard decisions ahead of her this week.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I didn't really know Bobby but this has been dragging me down all day. I hope everything works out for him and his family in the best way possible at this point.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts