KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

FCR Idle screws

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  flooringit 
#1 ·
an update on my earlier post re carb update parts.

Travis sent me one of his idle screws to try, VERY nice piece

Thumper idle screw next to stainless steel Kuba, standard FCR long and standard FCR short idle screws.

Sword Metal Nickel Household hardware Titanium
Cylinder Auto part Art Gun accessory Metal
closer view of the Thumper vs the Kuba

when extended idel screw first came out I used to have problems on my Yamahas with the damn things falling out, why?? the long shank witha biggish knob on th end vibrated like a tuning fork and they always rattled out.... so things like ZipTy and other aluminimum screws hit the bin... I used to stuff a couple of orings into the carb body to try and stop the screw from coming loose... Only alloy screw that seems to work nice is the Mino. The Kuba is a nice screw, stainless and stays tight but a bitch to adjust with gloves on....... it has a groove in the shaft for an oring but damn if I can find one that will work / stay in place

the very nice thing about the Travis unit is the flat section rubber ring which is captured in the enlarged section close to the end of the screw which is a snug fit into the carb body, stops the screw vibrating out, made of Brass alloy to like the stockers, comes with a replacment spring / o ring and steel washer that goes up in the carb body.

Nice piece :2thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Only thing with this aftermarket screws is all of them are different I've tried 3 or 4 different ones I've had some there were so fat I was all the way down to a 36 pilot. I just ended up going back to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.