KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

FCR emulsion tubes

35K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  Boblai 
#1 ·
One of the critisims of the FCR carb is the emulsion tube (what the needele slides up and down in and the main jet bolts on the bottom of) also referred to as the "needle jet"

Ideally 4 strokes need a drilled emulsion which atomises the fuel as it's pulled up the tube, hence the name "emulsion"

http://www.factorypro.com/products/Factory_Pro_HDJ_emu_hi_disp.html

If you look in the guts of Weber or dellorto carbs used in off road racing automotive engines years ago they used drilled emulsion tubes and you could get a wide selection of drill pattern as to fine tune the fuel delivery.

anyways Travis at Thumper can supply these very nicely made drilled emulsion tubes or needle jets. Significantly improved throttle response due to the better fuel atomisation compared to the stocker. installation details to follow

Nickel Metal Cylinder Titanium Electronics accessory
Magnifying glass Cosmetics Magnifier Medical equipment Office supplies

See less See more
Reactions: powertechn2
#3 ·
I think Ktmbill is selling something in this line of thought also. Can't recall.

#4 ·
i could never get factorypro to return an email, gave up on them............. Travis is the only guy I could find who actually stocks them

#7 ·
and the oring at the top to seal the tube into the carb body forcing the air through the drillings to atomise the fuel..............

#12 · (Edited)
KTM Bill does this effect the jetting? Or is it just a cleaner burn, as I am thinking about ordering one from you.

#13 ·
No jetting change I have more coming in by the end of the week Just sold the last one the holidays is mess me up

#16 ·
KTM Bill I want one let me know how to make payment to you.

#18 ·
I just wanted to tell you how smooth this purchase was with KTMBill. Super communication and just great to deal with. Thanks Bill

#20 ·
I will. I am putting the motor back together Sunday and will let you know after that.

#21 ·
What Sunday? hopefully not too much power an ripped your arms off? lol
those ones from factory pro look like they have holes around where the needle slides do all these tubes have that or just the side holes in the tube?

#22 ·
Update. I raced the quad Sunday and have to say the emulsion tube fron KTMBIll was very noticable. I have never had such crisp throttle respnse from a carbed bike. It is worth every penny just on that alone. I will be putting the bike on the dyno in the near future. to see the gains as well.

#24 ·
another happy user ! :cool:

#25 ·
Just put it in, No jetting changes. Best money spent. I highly recommend this update to anyone who truly wants performance gains. I can not emphasize enough the difference in the throttle response. Very crisp. And just a note this is on a 525 with 12:1 CP piston and a ported and polished head with a Baldwin XC cam. But I am rating this on the carb function only.

#27 ·
travis

I'll take one, I'll pm you

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.