KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, 1 week turn around and I got my FastRanchero Modded carb back in the mail today. Just got her installed, but with living in a town house, neighbors with kids under 1 on both sides of me and the fact that it is 9:38............ I can't fire her up just yet!!!!! I will tomorrow night and let you guys know how she runs............ suspense is killing me! IMO, from what I have read, WAY better then the other jet kits on the market, I have no doubt it will be. Stand up guy by the way, Walt is top notch, very professional and very fast.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well???? how's it run????

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Like the title says, 1 week turn around and I got my FastRanchero Modded carb back in the mail today. Just got her installed, but with living in a town house, neighbors with kids under 1 on both sides of me and the fact that it is 9:38............ I can't fire her up just yet!!!!! I will tomorrow night and let you guys know how she runs............ suspense is killing me! IMO, from what I have read, WAY better then the other jet kits on the market, I have no doubt it will be. Stand up guy by the way, Walt is top notch, very professional and very fast.

Your gonna love it!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have got my carb done as well by walt still havent got to testin it out eaither
the snow is just about gone here n my quad is just about all rebuilt waitin on graphics n a few other add ons :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ive had mine on for a 5 days still havent got to try it out, changed oil and the bolt with the small screen on it was on so tight that when I took it out I needed a breaker bar and when it came loose it cracked the bolt in half. I had walt bore mine out also. But your right very nice guy, and helpful. I can say this about him, I know hes not making any money on his set up. The parts and shipping back are almost what he charges. Hes doing it cause he likes it. I wish I had something to offer him.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant believe we all have them back and nobody has run theirs yet...........pretty sad! HA, I will hopefully fire mine up tonight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Add me to list of on the quad but not tested. I did start mine and it seems sweet
but test ride and race this up coming week. I cant wait

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had mine done for a long time now, best bang for your buck mod on this quad hand's down! Gets rid of the bog down low and it screams on top.

Throttle is very responsive and crisp. If you have a KTM atv, this mod is a no brainer :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
No wonder I was so busy, you guys sent them when your weather went South!.. you guys had me on the run for 2 weeks...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No wonder I was so busy, you guys sent them when your weather went South!.. you guys had me on the run for 2 weeks...

You took it well, I had no idea, I got mine back ASAP! And yes, it is snowing in Pittsburgh tomorrow, riding season seems like it is years away at this point!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Add me to the list of not being able to test out my new ranchero modded carb. I was putting it back on and found my intake boot was torn. Seems the new ones are on backorder till the first of april.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
u could try a polaris boot.

Add me to the list of not being able to test out my new ranchero modded carb. I was putting it back on and found my intake boot was torn. Seems the new ones are on backorder till the first of april.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not 100% sure, but you might be able to check with your local polaris dealer for a predator intake boot as well? I am thinking several people have switched to this anyway, might be a good idea if you need one quick

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The Polaris Outlaw boot is the one you want. Order one for a 2007-2010 Polaris Outlaw 525IRS. It will be bigger and flow better than the KTM one, so if you bore your carb you will get full breathing potential.
I think mine was about $20 ish.......

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got a replacement boot from ktm-parts and it is totaly different that the one that was previously on my quad. I figured it was just the new version so i tried to put it on and had no luck! It was straight when the previous boot had a little angle to it. So when it was all fastened on it would not even come close to connecting to the intake. It made the carb sit too low.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just got a replacement boot from ktm-parts and it is totaly different that the one that was previously on my quad. I figured it was just the new version so i tried to put it on and had no luck! It was straight when the previous boot had a little angle to it. So when it was all fastened on it would not even come close to connecting to the intake. It made the carb sit too low.
its how the new boots are, i had the same problem but i got it on, PITA tho

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
********Update*********

Put the carb on...........starts easier............. idles better................throttle response it MUCH better........... seems to have a bit more power everywhere and the bog we have all come to know, COMPLETELY GONE!!!!!

Thanks Walt, your mod is the best for the price on these bikes by far IMO. Everyone should have this done if they have not already!!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DELETE, wrong post.......

·
Registered
769 Posts
Honest guys I didn't pay him to say that :lol: glad your happy, get some time on it, I need to know how it runs at part throttle also.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts