KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a 09 525 XC a few years ago and I have had throttle bog and hesitation from low to mid range since I bought the bike. I was wondering if anyone has experience doing the Fast64ranchero mod and is willing to do it to my carb. I dont expect anybody to do it for free and I am not comfortable doing it myself. Any help is appreciated. You can reach my by phone at 206-250-5174 my name is Logen. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I bought a 09 525 XC a few years ago and I have had throttle bog and hesitation from low to mid range since I bought the bike. I was wondering if anyone has experience doing the Fast64ranchero mod and is willing to do it to my carb. I dont expect anybody to do it for free and I am not comfortable doing it myself. Any help is appreciated. You can reach my by phone at 206-250-5174 my name is Logen. Thank you
If you haven't jetted the carb yet I would start there as these bikes ran rich from the factory. I believe the factory jetting was 170 main jet, 42 pilot jet (I would leave the pilot jet as is). Another option to consider if you don't want to do the Ranchero mod yourself and cannot find anyone to do it is to buy the R&D Power Bowl. It has an adjustable leak jet built in, and comes with a stiffer accelerator pump spring. But it is pricey. Add an emulsion tube from Bill at All4racing (he use to sell them anyway) or any other reputable business that sells them and you're half way there without having to cut into your factory carb. The HRC needle is not around anymore so if you want to replace your needle it wont be the exact same needle as the HRC needle. Lastly, I don't know if I would drill out the diameter of the squirt nozzle. Only because there is no turning back after its done. I would do that last just to see how the other mods improved performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any one have info on Fast64ranchero I want to get my carb rebuilt on 2008 outlaw 525 irs. Can’t seem to stop this back fire. I did a jd jet kit went up to a 165 main blue needle on 3rd clip and still back fires. Does he have a website or phone number

·
Registered
2008 KTM 525XC
5 Posts
Any one have info on Fast64ranchero I want to get my carb rebuilt on 2008 outlaw 525 irs. Can’t seem to stop this back fire. I did a jd jet kit went up to a 165 main blue needle on 3rd clip and still back fires. Does he have a website or phone number
Have you checked for an exhaust leak where your header meets the engine? From what I’ve heard, they were notorious for leaks causing backfire. I had the same issue on mine & that was one of the leading culprits!

·
Registered
2008 KTM 525XC
5 Posts
If I silicone it pull header off and silicone that flange and slide it back on?
I found this in an old reply from someone who actually had the same issue with their predator:

“I found that a good application of high temp copper sealer has worked super for over a year now. The trick is to put it on and let it cure fully before starting the bike. I let mine cure for 3 or 4 days before starting it simply because I got involved in a few thing s around the house and forgot about it. A good 24 to 36 hours drying time should be enough though.”

Hope that helps!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Welding is likely to cause vibration and cracking down the road. As stated a combination of hi-temp silicone and trimming the head pipe down if it is bottoming on the outside surface of the flange instead of inside of it is the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts