KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if everyone is receiving these things in a decent amount of time..also do they send them to your address or your dealer?? Anyone been waiting more than a month?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just wanted to know if everyone is receiving these things in a decent amount of time..also do they send them to your address or your dealer?? Anyone been waiting more than a month?
yup, more then a month for me. They are supposed to ship it to your address, but ive also been told that it will ship to the dealer. Who knows, but its been month and a half for me :angry:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, more then a month for me. They are supposed to ship it to your address, but ive also been told that it will ship to the dealer. Who knows, but its been month and a half for me :angry:
Thanks, let me know when you get it..I just ordered my machine so I am curious, thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
To the dealer but make sure you ge the green slip so you can get the oil products. You need to send the slip in to get the oil products
Bill

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To the dealer but make sure you ge the green slip so you can get the oil products. You need to send the slip in to get the oil products
Bill
Ok thanks Bill, hey have you figured out anything on the intake side of these things? Any way to reinforce or change the intake boot from carb to engine so as to prevent it from splitting? Maybe a bracket on the carb to help support it or something? Also for the rear of carb is fci working on something? I emailed them-no response.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Do not over tighten the clamps we have not ripped one. That is what we found out with the Yamaha's when you take the spacer out of the clamp. tighten to the point where the boot will spin then you grab the carb firm and can spin it
Bill

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do not over tighten the clamps we have not ripped one. That is what we found out with the Yamaha's when you take the spacer out of the clamp. tighten to the point where the boot will spin then you grab the carb firm and can spin it
Bill
Thank you..that helps a lot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Two weeks was friday. I'm calling on Monday to see if they know anything new. When I bought it, dealer said they were on back order should take two to three weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
At least you get this deal down there. I was in at the dealer today checking on it and KTM isn't offering it in Canada. Guess I will hold off getting a 525 till the weather is a little better.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At least you get this deal down there. I was in at the dealer today checking on it and KTM isn't offering it in Canada. Guess I will hold off getting a 525 till the weather is a little better.
That is a bummer man, it was the very thing that sold me...otherwise I would have waited also. Just hope that it does actually come. I was going to wait and save a little to buy a sx, but the deal and the extra kit with the xc was too much to pass on.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer had it on hand too. Brought it home with the quad.
Hey big orange, talked to Pete yesterday, says the kit should be here before the end of the month. Probably be seeing you around this year if your still racing great lakes series..should be a fun year..The new tracks are pretty knarly, I will have to do a lot of xc racing to get conditioned..old man that I am, LOL!!! Thanks for the advise on extreme. :D Btw, what are you running for jetting??? LOL...you gonna help me get er tuned in?? J/K!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would definatly be upset about it. I went to the dealer today and was just poking and proding about what the possible wait could be and I couldnt get a definate answer. But my dealer is confident that you will get them, when is the issue.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Got my 450SX 1 week before Pell City National and got my "kit" friday before/during Ballance Practice day. Took about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. I called the dealer last Friday, still no change. He did have three kits in, but they were all for bikes sold before mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts