KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i really want to beef up the bottom end but which exhaust would be best.. a HMF? or something else.. i really like the Weapon MX but never seen any so idk if its any good??

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Driver311 is the guy to talk you, maybe he will chime in. All that guy does is dyno stuff all day long, haha. :lol: But seriously he does, Im not sure if he has a dyno sheet for the WeaponMx or not, I know there are a few sheets for the HMF and I think FMF and maybe a few others on here.

·
Registered
430 Posts
FMF with the mega bomb header if you can fork out the $$$$

·
Registered
769 Posts
HMF full system works good on the bottom-mid range, FMF slip on worked, I'm not sold on the Maga bomb, we haven't tested one on the KTM yet, but on Yamaha's and Suzuki's they lost power, in fact the bomb is so bad on the Suk, that a stock 08 exhuast beat it with the bomb, yet made power with just the FMF slip-on and stock head pipe.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
HMF full system works good on the bottom-mid range, FMF slip on worked, I'm not sold on the Maga bomb, we haven't tested one on the KTM yet, but on Yamaha's and Suzuki's they lost power, in fact the bomb is so bad on the Suk, that a stock 08 exhuast beat it with the bomb, yet made power with just the FMF slip-on and stock head pipe.

Ya theres a dyno sheet for that setup too, sure am glad I never bought that for my ltr cuz at one time I was set on getting an FMF with a megabomb.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
okay i really want to beef up the bottom end but which exhaust would be best.. a HMF? or something else.. i really like the Weapon MX but never seen any so idk if its any good??

Hmf full system makes killer power across the board. About twice what any slip on will do. The dasa makes killer top and overrev but no gains to be had in bottom and mid.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Btw Driver have you dynoed the FMF that comes with the Ready To Race Factory package on the sx?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have heard that the mega bomb help lower the Db's. Which really helps in my area. I just know that mine has pretty good low end with it. But im not gonna argue with the numbers if you dynoed it. Did you do a full FMF with mega bomb test? How did the FMF slip on do?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Btw Driver have you dynoed the FMF that comes with the Ready To Race Factory package on the sx?
No but I will when Brad gets his here.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya isnt this a fun waiting game :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok i dont need to hear about the whole sponsorship and money thing, but......ktm runs the fmf on there team cross country quads. Mcgill for sure, and i HIGHLY doubt they will run something that makes them LOSE power. regardless of the money they might get from FMF. i really dont think they would run something that hinders performance. A national title would mean alot more then a few thouseand FMF could throw at them if it didnt work. yeah maybe the engine could be built for it, but seriously.....i bet the FMF system that is actually set up right would help. now im not saying go buy it, cause it really is $$$. i think most of these companies make a good exhaust, but i do doubt adam mcgill would run something on his bike that wouldnt allow it to get the most HP at low end.

·
Registered
769 Posts
ok i dont need to hear about the whole sponsorship and money thing, but......ktm runs the fmf on there team cross country quads. Mcgill for sure, and i HIGHLY doubt they will run something that makes them LOSE power. regardless of the money they might get from FMF. i really dont think they would run something that hinders performance. A national title would mean alot more then a few thouseand FMF could throw at them if it didnt work. yeah maybe the engine could be built for it, but seriously.....i bet the FMF system that is actually set up right would help. now im not saying go buy it, cause it really is $$$. i think most of these companies make a good exhaust, but i do doubt adam mcgill would run something on his bike that wouldnt allow it to get the most HP at low end.
The slip-on made power on the XC, not as much as the HMF full or DASA slip-on, but it made power and looked to be a nice product, as for your satement "i HIGHLY doubt they will run something that makes them LOSE power. regardless of the money they might get from FMF" your just flat wrong, are you telling me if some Company offered you a full ride and all you had to do was use and promote there product you wouldn't? even if it didn't make the bike better? have you noticed KTM's new Hard parts "free kit" is only a slip-on, If we ever have the chance to test one we will, and if it makes power that's great and we'll post it, if it doesn't make any power we'll post that also, I like FMF's slip-on for the KTM, but until we test one of there head pipes on a XC and SX, we don't know, all we can go by is past tests, and the other testing has shown that FMF's head pipes are a complete waste of your money, but you don't have to listen to me, go out and find out for yourself, spend the money for the pipe and the testing and post the results for all of us, Driver and I would love the help... We'll be back on the dyno tonight and plan on testing the FMF slip-on on the his SX,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts