KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks know, and I still have not narrowed it down. Just wondering what you guys think is the best one on the market. I have read just about everything on this forum that deals with exhaust. I read some were you guys are running a 180 and bigger main jet and everybody I talk to said that was way to big for were I live, I'm 2600 ft above sea level. I wish somebody would do any exhaust shootout and put it in an magazine. I was wondering what exhaust Bronson90 ended up going with. Thanks for all your help Maybe this will HELP me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i know i want the akrapovic system but i went to my dealer today and he said it was 1200 for the header and 1200 for sliencer? i thought the whole system was 1200?

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know i want the akrapovic system but i went to my dealer today and he said it was 1200 for the header and 1200 for sliencer? i thought the whole system was 1200?

Unless the falling dollar has raised the price even more since May, it sounds like your dealer wants to overcharge you. I bought the canister for $750 and plan on buying the header for $800--which I priced a couple weeks back. It's still expensive but not $2400 total.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Hello Guys, I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks know, and I still have not narrowed it down. Just wondering what you guys think is the best one on the market. I have read just about everything on this forum that deals with exhaust. I read some were you guys are running a 180 and bigger main jet and everybody I talk to said that was way to big for were I live, I'm 2600 ft above sea level. I wish somebody would do any exhaust shootout and put it in an magazine. I was wondering what exhaust Bronson90 ended up going with. Thanks for all your help Maybe this will HELP me.
Go with the CT Racing, great quality and awesome performance! Both Bronson and I went with the CT. Its around $550 I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go with the CT Racing, great quality and awesome performance! Both Bronson and I went with the CT. Its around 0 I think.

Do you have any pictures of the head pipe. Allen from CT is suppose to call me when they get done, but I don't know if I can wait.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
CT sounds like the way to go. I have a full system HMF on mine and havn't even ridden it yet, but I'm gonna be switching to DASA or CT depending when DASA finds time to build a full system.

Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CT sounds like the way to go. I have a full system HMF on mine and havn't even ridden it yet, but I'm gonna be switching to DASA or CT depending when DASA finds time to build a full system.

Thanks, Jay

Why would you get rid of the HMF, How much would you sell it for.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'm not looking to sell yet. I installed but havn't even started my machine up yet with it installed. I'll be looking to get somewhere in the $450 range since it will be barely used.

I might be able to get you a new system though if your interested. Pm me if you would like.

Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guys from HMF even admitted that their head pipe would be worthless considering how well the ktm flows already. I just installed a full FMF exhaust with the power bomb and am very pleased with the performance and sound. I have the 4.1 titanium, which really took that powerfull mid range that the 525 has and spread it all over the power curve. That is just my two cents.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i wish a magazine or someone would do a pipe shootout with gains, pics, db levels and maybe a small right up about each one...

but i still have my heart set on the akrapovic
...mmm titanium goodness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts