KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering for those of you that have aftermarket systems -- What you have and what do you think?

I am looking to replace my stock header due to the leak issue, I have tried the copper RTV trick that only worked for a few rides. ( don't really want to weld it)

What are you guy's running and has it solved the leak? I have been looking at the Hindle System, I had one of their systems on my road bike and it was nice build quality. I sent Hindle a email and it's not ready for sale as of yet.

I am looking for low to mid range power for woods and GNCC.

Pictures would be great as well. (time to show them off

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I'm running the CT Racing full system, and it's AWESOME! and looks great! You can adjust,lower, the db's easy and fast! They did lots of R&D and comp's, and well, you talk with them as you're looking at whats available and the prices and you'll probably come to the same conclusion I did.
Good luck!
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Im running the FMF 4.1 Mega bomb. Nice tone, meets AMA 99db requirements, Tons of bolt on power. Good fitment and stopped my header leak problem

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I'm running the CT Racing full system, and it's AWESOME! and looks great! You can adjust,lower, the db's easy and fast! They did lots of R&D and comp's, and well, you talk with them as you're looking at whats available and the prices and you'll probably come to the same conclusion I did.
Good luck!
Chris
my ct burned my box a little... how about yours?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back on DASA's full system, but ordered an HMF Full in the meantime.

I'm hearing good things on the CT though, care to share increases?

Also, what are you guys all doing to the intakes?

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back on DASA's full system, but ordered an HMF Full in the meantime.

Jay

unfortunately dasa's headers are way too far out from being produced and the $700+ price tag wasnt very attractive to me. i am using the twinair powerflow intake system and i have been quite impressed with it. the ct system is very nice, second to none in my opinion. i have been talking to allen knowles about a different header specifically for big bore motors above 560cc's. hopefully i can get my hands on one soon after my motor is done.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
no matter what you do there is no way to modify the stock setup to flow as much as the poweflow does. i highly recommend it.

the next step is to fab somehting that replaces the entire boot and uses some type of clamp on filter. i have messed with the idea but havent had the time to get something mocked up to test with..

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
me and mt friend are running prototype Hindles, they are amazing, midrange power is awesome, we both pulled holeshots this weekend against bikes with their motors done, and its only about 600 for a full system they said

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
no matter what you do there is no way to modify the stock setup to flow as much as the poweflow does. i highly recommend it.

the next step is to fab somehting that replaces the entire boot and uses some type of clamp on filter. i have messed with the idea but havent had the time to get something mocked up to test with..
whick model is your powerflow from? they dont have one specifically for the ATV, which one fits it?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts

Jay
I did a 13.1 piston, hot cam jetting and full CT exhaust and it dynoed 54.9 HP! Huge, REAL power increases throughout the RPM'S. This is a 450 with no head porting at all, no valve job, nothing else and pulls away from other "full built" quads. Very surprised and happy.

Oh and its the stock air filter with 2 1.5" holes drilled on the left side of box. I am planing on getting the air filter set up Bronson's talking about for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
thanks Bronson! this'll probably work on the SX too!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
yeah the sx uses the exact same intake tube as the xc.

I did a 13.1 piston, hot cam jetting and full CT exhaust and it dynoed 54.9 HP! Huge, REAL power increases throughout the RPM'S. This is a 450 with no head porting at all, no valve job, nothing else and pulls away from other "full built" quads. Very surprised and happy.

Oh and its the stock air filter with 2 1.5" holes drilled on the left side of box. I am planing on getting the air filter set up Bronson's talking about for sure.
just curious who's dyno you use?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
yeah the sx uses the exact same intake tube as the xc.

just curious who's dyno you use?
Ct has a dyno at the shop, so they dialed it all in, used a few different jetting set ups to see what was best.
They also do darrell Pattons KTM, and quite a few other pros Polaris 525's and 450's They know the KTM motors really well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talked to CT Racing today - asked how they mount the pipe to the head - They use the factory KTM flange bolted to the head.

The welds on the flange are what cause the issues w/the stock header, are you guys having any leak issues with the CT? This is the main reason I want to relplace the stocker, I dont want to spend $$$ if I end up with the same issue.

How about Hindle, FMF etc do they mount the same way?

Thanks Again,

Steve

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I talked to CT Racing today - asked how they mount the pipe to the head - They use the factory KTM flange bolted to the head.

The welds on the flange are what cause the issues w/the stock header, are you guys having any leak issues with the CT? This is the main reason I want to relplace the stocker, I dont want to spend $$$ if I end up with the same issue.

Thanks Again,

Steve
Nope! No leaks at all! I think its best out there, plus its completely tunable!

·
Registered
253 Posts
how about the akrapovic system? ive heard its one of the best

·
Registered
430 Posts

Thanks Again,

Steve
FMF mounts to stock flanges, but a much tighter fit. No issues at all with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts