KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning it made over 54hp today on the same stingy dyno that it struggled to make 47hp just a few weeks ago. it just further confirms how much needle selection and accelerator pump settings actually do make a significant difference in performance.

thanks to josh woessner @ lonestar ktm. without his help it would still be broken!

for those who wondered about my infamous no spark issue, it was the cdi. once the new cdi was installed and the tps adjusted, it started right up.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Bronson: cool, tell us more on your needle findings, JD needle to lean ?????? what did you go to (assuming a kiehen needle)

54 hp, that's with the 806 cam right, and the stock ??? pipe, be interesting to see what the 807 spins her up to.

I've just done an 806 into an otherwise stock 450 XC, nice gains without being peaky or top endy at all, thats really how they should have come from the factory (806 cam) as it revs out so much nicer now.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was using a completely different custom needle that james gave me... i will ask him the specifics on the needle.

these numbers are with a 807 cam, revised porting and full ct exhaust. we have to remember that the tires are a huge detractor from my peaks numbers in this situation as well as a bone stock yfz barely makes 32hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts