KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my engine out of my 525 XC Is trashed, my question Is what year KTM motorcycle engines will fit In my chassis?
Thanks Jim

·
Registered
426 Posts
None of them are a direct bolt as the quad cases were significantly different. If you don't mind cutting and welding, anything will fit...

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
been done in europe 380 SX transplant..........

Reactions: Dragonz

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yup, 690 is the ideal transplant for sure !

·
Registered
190 Posts
From what i know its tough to get the 690 in a ktm frame. More doable in a polaris outlaw frame. Its really cool how polaris and ktm worked together in the atv department. If ktm would just keep building quads id feel alot better. At the very least it would be nice if ktm followed polaris in the razr domination!! Lets start some movement. There i go bleeding orange

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm gonna side with Walt on this subject...I much rather see a 2 stroke quad with EFI. It would be a lot cheaper to maintain and I believe more people would race because of it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks Brennen. While Nick's 690 is undisputably badass, I'm not sure it's a properly XC-ready bike. Though... If he'd let me, I'd love to run it at Ironman next year! :cool: I'll even replace anything I break and I promise not to complain about it's overall Polaris-ness! (says the guy building a nasty Predator in his spare time... o_O)

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
nick will chime in, only 10lbs more than the xc engine ? and has a 6 speed with legs for a true 100mph easy top end. Apparently the rear shock mount location makes the intake setup tight in the KTM chassis. Quite a few been done in Australia mainly into the IRS chassis, but I do know one into a KTM over there as well. All used for rallye type racing where the big legs really come into there own. Guys there reporting 68 - 72 hp using the KTm Rally cam (like Nick is using) and minimal other mods. Big powerful engine without being overstressed.

the 530 is an easier drop in for sure based on your pictures

·
Registered
329 Posts
The 690 weighed 12 pounds more than the 450 I removed.

And Walt, fat chance you get to race the 690! haha But you are correct, it's not the best XC machine at the moment.

You are correct Craig. The RR cam is something to take seriously. I haven't gotten to 100mph yet, but with some tweaks here and there, you could do it. I'm guessing I'm in the mid 80's range right now simply because I have it geared very low (don't need the top speed).

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the rally guys are gearing for the magic ton 100mph / 160kph in Aus. One of the guys was reporting seeing 155kph on his 690 SX......... now that is summit I'd like a leg over....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'd be over the 100mph/160kph with 15f 37r with my big bore 530.I've never clocked it thou... I think the 530 is a few lbs lighter than the xc engine..I had looked into using the 690 engine but was advised against it because of the weight and height...

·
Registered
325 Posts
So a nice 2T motor should work out pretty well, right? ;)
X2! I want to build a 300sx 2stroke...50+hp and super light. Would be a blast on an mx track!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts