KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hootiehoo31 
#1 ·
The Eccentric hub on my 450xc keeps moving. I bought the quad last year and had no problem with it moving. untill the end of the season when it moved to much that the chain was so tight it had no movement. I have taken everything apart and cleaned both the hub and swingarm and the next time i ride it will move. It is starting to worry me beacuse I am getting in to racing this year. I dont want to worry about it moving while racing and mess the engine up for the chain being over tight. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to keep it from moving?

#2 ·
Mine started to do that this past weekend before a race, I just took the bolts out and put some loctite on them and tightened them down as tight as I could get them and it didn't move after that.

#3 ·
15 ft lbs is the torque. i red loctite and 15 ft lbs havent had a problem myself. im sure they can take 20 lbs if it still moves...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.