KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has tried a different clutch master cylinder or an easier-pull lever? Does anyone make a different lever? The 09 sx has a 10.5 m/c and the 08 xc has a 9.5 and I could tell a huge difference in the pull at the dealer this weekend. Also the smaller bikes come with a 9.0 m/c, I wonder if this would pull the clutch in enough to release it, It should definitely make it easier.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The clutch is to stiff for me also. After about 3 laps I cant even barely pull it in. LOL Luckily you only barely have to pull it to get it to work.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer offered to let me buy which ever one I wanted for $130. Not bad, would like to know if anyone has tried this. Also the 09s have a lever that flips forward w/black knob and 08s have red knob and will not flip forward in a crash.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone offer an easier pull lever, or a longer lever? Is it possible to make the lever pull easier, I can't see how one would change the distance from the lever pivot to the center of the M/C.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pull on a cable lever for awhile. Then go back to the hydraulic. You'll think its heaven. haha. just pickin

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Buy a clutch lever off the XC. They're longer than the SX. I bought a shorty ASV lever and don't care for the length so I went back to my stock XC until I can get a long ASV version.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy a clutch lever off the XC. They're longer than the SX. I bought a shorty ASV lever and don't care for the length so I went back to my stock XC until I can get a long ASV version.
From the 08 or 09? I'm not sure what the 09 XC has but i know the 09 sx has a different knob than the 08 XC and doesn't flip forward. Does the 09 XC have a longer SX style lever?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts