KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post here. Im planning on getting a 08 450xc here within the next 2 weeks, I was wondering if anyone had any info on running e85 maybe with a higher comp. piston? I think most e85 is around the 105 octane range but im not sure if its safe to use on the ATV motors. Thanks Guys.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Hey guys first post here. Im planning on getting a 08 450xc here within the next 2 weeks, I was wondering if anyone had any info on running e85 maybe with a higher comp. piston? I think most e85 is around the 105 octane range but im not sure if its safe to use on the ATV motors. Thanks Guys.
I've used it successfully in fuel injected Ltr's and Kfx's with larger injectors and custom maps, with built high comp. engines. I've been leary of running it in carb'd engines for fear that the alchohol would melt the plastic floats and ruin the accelerator pump diaphrams.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think most of the conversion kits for carbs from edelbrock to run e85 come with brass floats, maybe we could get some manufacture interested in coming up with something. also, i found this chart for what jet sizes to run when converting to e85 with carb, im pretty sure this should transfer over to the atv world as well.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/carbtech.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts