570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mods are:

fmf slipon
cut airbox
snorkel removed
boyesson quick shot 2
vp u4.2 fuel
map plug connected i will also try disconnected.
stock filter

we'll see how it goes. i'll have it dynoed at dasa. i should have results by noon tomorrow.

what are your guy's guesses?
mine is 52.2

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I would guess 51-52whp with no u4. But with that gas Im going with 53-54whp and 37ftlbs. It might even hit 55whp. That gas adds huge power. Im so anxious for you. LOL

To bad you didnt have a k&n filter to test on it at the same time. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That gonna be our job Driver;) So Jake thats a 450 right... wink wink :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Can this be moved in the Dyno for the SX instead of XC

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I think Dasa screwed him over today. They didnt even put dyno tires on it and only made 3 runs. Disappointing! Id be pissed if I were Jake. Dyno tires are way more accurate and from what Ive seen add 4-5whp consistantly. On my dyno atleast. Not to mention it rounds off your tires doing it. Sounds like screwing over customers is a common thing for shops to do to paying customers these days.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you guys go. sorry for the wait. they didn't use dyno tires. the dynoer said it would yield another 4 hp on dyno tires.

the ktm makes more power with the ignition plug connected.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is that a print out from your depth finder? :D

If so, I dont think you should fish there, seriously

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Did they give you a before and after tune graph and air fuel ratio bro?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So is it that choppy because the tires?
Looks like right at 6500rpm there is an issue...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did they give you a before and after tune graph and air fuel ratio bro?
no. that's all i got and a receipt.

but brad it feels way stronger and faster than my ltr with mods. no doubt!

here you go better setup. not upside down

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So Jake you should come up to Boise:) Get a REAL tune from Anthony :p

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i would, if it was closer.
Jake instead of having them dyno the ltr next week. Why dont you have dlkfx450 from the ltrforums do both your bikes next week? He lives right by you and has a mobile dyno. He will take care of you. Call him his number is in your dyno thread of hq. I think that would be a much better option. Bring your stock pipe next time and have him dyno them both. Easy to swap over. Only takes a minute.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Its a 8 hours a drive for me too ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Its a 8 hours a drive for me too ;)

Bull, 6 1/2 maybe 7 tops. His would be a 11-12 hour drive. NOOOOOOO! LOL

We should plan for a saturday morning buy the bike, go for a little ride saturday afternoon just to get a feel for it. Kick it at my house and barbeque and drink a few beers and then head to dyno sunday morning and then play for a few hours making hp!! Then drive home be there by 7ish.

No need for break in. My buddy walt told me today how they break them in before sending them to the dealers for sale. Pretty cool. The bike supposebly is ready to go when you get it. I thought that was pretty damn cool. They dyno them and all to make sure all bikes are strong. No bullshit!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
k. Sounds like a date ;) I talked to Mike, he just needs us to put a down on them. He said we will be getting the last 2 450's COUGH 505's:) I know I have made it to Boise in 5.5 hours before. Last time (2months ago) it took me and the GF 10 hours. We were pretty hung over

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
nice. Its on like donkey kong. LOL Cant let Jake be the only one reppin one of these badboys

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
i doubt that they will crack 50hp, i'm dispponted in mine, my YFZ 480 will kill it dead.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts