KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my attempt to install the ds650 intake tube. It looks like it might work with some work. If you push it down the seat goes right on. I bet it would show killer gains. The tube just needs a little manipulation. Here are some pics. Whats your thoughts?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
what causes it to angle upwards ??

looks like the perfect tapered intake - straight shot to me !!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I wouldn't mind messin' with something like this, and making it in carbon fiber. :p Anyone got a like on another 650 intake?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Damn thats a big opening on the filter!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I should have my bike this week to show the mock up for the predator intake. I think the Predator may fit a little better...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have my bike this week to show the mock up for the predator intake. I think the Predator may fit a little better...

Ill post pics of pred int tonight. i found one. Im also gonna dyno the ds650 tube for shits and giggles. i bet it picks up 2whp solid!!!

Im guessing with full hmf system and this intake my bike will do a solid 55-56whp. Thats not to shabby. So on u4.2 that would be 58whp. Oh yeah now were talking. LOL

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ill post pics of pred int tonight. i found one. Im also gonna dyno the ds650 tube for shits and giggles. i bet it picks up 2whp solid!!!

Im guessing with full hmf system and this intake my bike will do a solid 55-56whp. Thats not to shabby. So on u4.2 that would be 58whp. Oh yeah now were talking. LOL

So much for the bike stayin under you while riding :rolleyes:

Dude are you even going to WANT a 60hp Sx? lol

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
By the way I bought the adapter for the Predator intake to go to a 3.5" filter...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The predator intake tube will work with a 3 inch extension on it. Its to short, I tried one tonight. Just fab up some sort of extension. Shouldnt be hard and it will work slick. Build it and I will dyno test it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
K, let me see what I can come up with ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Soooooo??? any info guys

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soooooo??? any info guys
It makes power. Just need to do some more testing. Once im finished with it, Ill post the results. Its good though! ;)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya they have had one of the members quad in there allready to see if it can benefit. Sure enough it will :) Just need to get him back in there to get the fabbing done

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
To bad this thread went dead. Would like to know if it worked. I may be cuttin my shock mount out and lowering it. Get a straight shot in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts