KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as my bike gets here. I am going to start fabbing up a custom intake design. It will take a standard 3.5 style round filter. I was curious because I am a bigger fan of foam rather than cotton. Why do you guy like cotton so much in the dirt BESIDES its small power increase?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was thinking of fabricating one to that used a 450r filter.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I was thinkin of using a Curtis Sparks filter that is made by DT1. They make an AWESOME 2 layer filter and they are a little tougher than Pro design(which I thin is made by uni)

But yes the 450r style filter

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yeah the sparks filters are a go setup

·
Registered
114 Posts
Took my bike up to my engine builder to get cams, port - polish,carb bore, mill head, and dasa full system. We are goin to modify the stock intake/filter because i got a race in 3 weeks then we are building a stainless or aluminum intake for sparks 450 filter. We are hopin it gets close to 60hp.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang, thats gonna be a BEAST! Keep us informed on that one ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
has anyone thought of a ds650 intake tube with a 450r k&n mounted to it i know it works
great on ltr & 400ex. just a thought i have a couple maybe ill send them to driver311
Im down, send em my way. Ill pm you my addy and do some fitting and dyno pulls.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
has anyone thought of a ds650 intake tube with a 450r k&n mounted to it i know it works
great on ltr & 400ex. just a thought i have a couple maybe ill send them to driver311
Did you get that predator one shipped off! I cant wait for something to do! lol

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet thanks again!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thanks Homi Ill be doing some fitting and dyno testing of the ds650 intake. I know if Kam is using it on that badass drag bike, it must work good.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
guys: can you post a picture of the DS intake take.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I will today my friend.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How big is the diameter of the flange on the small side?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Any pics yet?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
homdaddy- I got it today! thanks buddy! I can see that we might have a winner! I will start on it asap and we will have results from Driver/Ranch ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts