KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with DASA inquiring on getting a couple full systems for my SX's. Unfortunately they tell me that the current system that they have "into production" does not meet ATVA or WORCS sounds regulations and they will have to go back and change the system to meet this. I was told about 3 weeks before this will be ready, so I'm holding my breath. Its going to be coming down to the wire for Rnd 1. this year. EEeek!!! :eek:

~Jay

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I hate to say this but its pretty sad that a company finds this out AFTER they have jigged the pipe. Shouldnt they have tested all that when Jake had his bike there?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
None of their pipes pass atva sounds requirements. Whats the difference??? LOL

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
this has been the dilema we faced last season when 98db was enforced, all the "good" pipes where out on noise, this year it's 96 which makes it even harder.

Be interesting to see what DASA comes up.

WORCS is 96Db for the Pro class this season and 98 for Pro AM

;) start thinking twin mufflers boyz..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I ordered my full system 3 weeks ago they asked me if I was worried about the sound because they knew it wouldnt pass the sound tests. I should get my system tomorrow, I'm not too worried about the sound because I'll only do limited racing and at Moses Lake and the Oregon dunes I'll just try to avoid the rangers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
got mine last tuesday i will put some pics up tonite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts