KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new slip on today and installed it. No springs or clamps, just a reducer coupler to stock headpipe? Dasa felt I should use stock jetting. Low end bog and backfire and flames real bad. Went to a 180 main, little better, but backfire still bad. Could I have an exhaust leak. Anyone have any experience with this slip-on, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got my new slip on today and installed it. No springs or clamps, just a reducer coupler to stock headpipe? Dasa felt I should use stock jetting. Low end bog and backfire and flames real bad. Went to a 180 main, little better, but backfire still bad. Could I have an exhaust leak. Anyone have any experience with this slip-on, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

Check for leak if no leak try larger pilot may have to go smaller on main w/ larger pilot.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Thanks in advance
I also have the DASA slip on and it shoots flames and back fires like it is cool on decell. The exhaust has a leak from the head adaptor to the header as do most all of these kTm XC bikes do. The dealership had mine on the dyno and said the jetting was perfect as per their air fuel ratio sensors. My jetting is 188 main 45 slow with the OBDTP needle jet in the 3rd position. This is what I ran when mt bike was stock also. I just haven't tried any of the fixes noted on this forum yet. Hope this helps!!!

s/f
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts