KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought 2 DASA systems. 1 for my YFZR and 1 for my 505SX.

Tried to put the YFZR pipe on first, muffler hits the rear shock reservoir....not gonna work!

So I go to put on the SX pipe. The header will not slide over the piece at the cylinder head....wtf? Anyone have any ideas....cause right now I'm ready to run over them with my D8 dozer and pack them up and send them back! This is down right rediculous...Ive never had problems like this from any other manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I hope you get it figured out man. I should have another full system coming to me soon for my SX, and I sure hope I don't have issues, or I will be on a rampage. Its been trouble enough waiting over a month for mine to show up, let alone having install issues.

Good luck man! ~Jay

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously....I waited awhile too. I'll send you mine B)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finally got the header on...went to put the muffler on and it hits everything that is remotely close to where the pipe is. For some reason its trying to go inside next to the shock, unlike stock. It wont even come close to mounting up. Hits the coil on the shock,frame,footguard mount, case vent hose, etc.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
sounds like the header had some tension when it came out of the welding jig....... I had a similar hassle on a DrD several years back on my YFZ........ miles out.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put my Dasa full system on my 505 about 15 minutes ago, no problems at all except for the spring tool kept braking. I made the holes on the canister alittle bigger so I could use the stock aluminium washers and it gave it some play, bolted right up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is possible they put the YFZR pipe in the 505sx box and the 505sx pipe in the YFZR box. Just a thought
Thats what I thought at first but the way the header pipe mounts are different. The KTM slips on and is held on by springs, and the YFZ has a flange and is bolted onto the cylinder head.

Ill be calling DASA here in a little bit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thats what I thought at first but the way the header pipe mounts are different. The KTM slips on and is held on by springs, and the YFZ has a flange and is bolted onto the cylinder head.

Ill be calling DASA here in a little bit.
I had issues with a pipe for my 450R. Dasa handled it excellent. Overnighting me a new header without any questions. Most places make you send the first one back before they will send you anything.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I just tried fitting a dasa on my machine. What a PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!!!!!! Literally was the hardest exhaust Ive ever installed. Trust me Ive installed alot. With over 100 pipes tested by me and Walt this is by far the hardest to install. Couldnt get it over the head, couldnt get the pipes to slide together and the mid pipe hits the subframe. LOL After about two hours of f-n with it, I got it to work.

Ended up freezing the piece off the head and getting the head pipe super hot to get it to expand and they finally barely slid over each other. Seriously what a pain. That was after an hour of trying to open up the head pipe with various methods.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Finally on the dyno huh? Im glad I am a proud owner of a FMF :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Finally on the dyno huh? Im glad I am a proud owner of a FMF :)
Trash. LOL You wont be happy on the holeshot when dasa or hmf prepped ktms are pulling ya. :huh:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Or big bores, or strokers, or porting, or cams, or any other mods

·
Registered
769 Posts
Or big bores, or strokers, or porting, or cams, or any other mods
Dude your like 140 in gear, you should be pullin the holeshot all the time

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I wasnt complaining! I just want a good, strong running bike. With my weight, I REALLY dont need much power, just duct tape :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
got my dasa exhaust system friday 3-20-09 .nothing fits right, header pipe want go on and the exhaust silencer want bolt up without hitting the frame . i call dasa up and said "i just want my money back " .i hate to say it but im really disappointed in dasa on this one .

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
me to

1 - 20 of 28 Posts