Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Please post some pictures of the head pipe I would really like to see it.

Please dont take this wrong but Dasa's dyno reads high. I do know for a fact that Dans pipes work very good and Im sure that pipe will be as good as any other pipe on the market.

If you want hp #s that will be on par with everybody elses #s you need to dyno it on a Dynojet dyno. I would bet that bike would make a VERY solid 51hp on a Dynojet dyno and that is very respectable.

Mike

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Please dont take this wrong but Dasa's dyno reads high. I do know for a fact that Dans pipes work very good and Im sure that pipe will be as good as any other pipe on the market.

If you want hp #s that will be on par with everybody elses #s you need to dyno it on a Dynojet dyno. I would bet that bike would make a VERY solid 51hp on a Dynojet dyno and that is very respectable.

Mike
i have pics in the sx motor section.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Jake you gonna send this to Driver foa shoot out?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
not for at least two weeks. i have two races coming up weekend after weekend.

Im really suprised the bottom end wasnt better. Im guessing the hmf will stomp it in the bottom and mid. The topend is gonna pull to the moon.

Jake a word of advice. Id go up one size on the mj. If its a 175 Id go 180 for sure. I bet there is more topend. Its lean up top. My bike lost power in the 14s. It like 13s or even richer.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts

Mike
i wish i could dyno my 600 on dan's dyno... it would be amazing!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Mike

I have to disagree. My dyno has consistantly been on par with dasas for about a year. He recalibrated it about a year ago and Jakes numbers are consistant with mine. My bike did 51whp with cork out. Jakes did 53whp with cork out and u4.2. U4.2 has proven over and over again for peeps to add about 2-2.5whp. So Id say the numbers are legit. I bet the dasa will make 55whp on my bike on pump gas. Ill prove it when he sends it to me.

Hmf is claiming 4whp gains also. Ill be happy with 3whp peak and big bottom gains.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thats good to hear. I have a feeling that you are going to find some extra power in that Dasa that they didnt. I just got that feelin!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i hate to see this post get into this dyno vs. that dyno as we all know it goes no where...

a dyno is just a tool for engine builders to mesaure there success or lack there of. the same rule applies to a flow bench. environmental variables play such a big part in the results that these tools provide it makes it virtually impossible to compare one tool to another. heck anyone can confirm that test results in the morning can drastically differ from results you get in late afternoon.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i hate to see this post get into this dyno vs. that dyno as we all know it goes no where...

a dyno is just a tool for engine builders to mesaure there success or lack there of. the same rule applies to a flow bench. environmental variables play such a big part in the results that these tools provide it makes it virtually impossible to compare one tool to another. heck anyone can confirm that test results in the morning can drastically differ from results you get in late afternoon.
I dont think he was making into that. He was just saying that his(driver/ranchero) dyno is more accurate with Dasa since the recalibration.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ive seen several bolt ltr dyno graphs from dasa recently that looked all to familiar with how they look on my dyno. My dyno seems to be very consistant from day to day. The most change Ive seen is .5-1whp max! There are several things that need to be taken into consideration everytime you dyno. Air pressure, chain is lubed properly, bike is warmed up properly, same fan position, and strap it down as consistant as possible. And make sure you are running the same gas each time if possible. All play factors in consistancy.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ive seen several bolt ltr dyno graphs from dasa recently that looked all to familiar with how they look on my dyno. My dyno seems to be very consistant from day to day. The most change Ive seen is .5-1whp max! There are several things that need to be taken into consideration everytime you dyno. Air pressure, chain is lubed properly, bike is warmed up properly, same fan position, and strap it down as consistant as possible. And make sure you are running the same gas each time if possible. All play factors in consistancy.

Thanks Captain Obvious :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
my bad, i must have read it wrong... for some reason i though you were trying to say that dan's dyno was reliable and was known for giving legitimate numbers.

if i cant get out to your area this summer for some riding i may send you my 600 to dyno... seems like a lot of trouble to go too, but i cant find anyone with a dyno that is worth a damn!

sad to say there is absolutely shit for dyno's in dallas, let alone the entire state of texas...

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
OK the graph tells the truth take a look at the AF readings.

The only run with close AF reading was HIS pipe. Dial in the AF on the other 2 pipes and the hp gains he claims go way down.

Dyno's are a tuning tool and high hp #'s sell pipes, porting, cams, and intakes.

This is how I use a dyno. You take the machine say my 450 XC stock dynoed 36.1 hp and 30 ftlbs, now after all the mods I have done on the same dyno with same dyno tires pulls 65.2 hp and 51.9 ftlbs. Now I see how much hp gains I have gained.

One more fact Dasa has the only dyno in the world to have a 70 hp stock bore trx 450. the true story of his dyno #'s can be found on the org or tech forums.

I'm not saying Dan doesnt do good work I'm just saying his dyno reads high and thats a fact.

I rather be the guy with low dyno #s that kicks azz on the hill than the guy with high #s that loses his azz on the hill.

Im sorry I started this by speaking my honest opinion on his hp #s. This is why I dont save dyno slips and I hate to post dyno #s. So please guys lets not make this a post war because everybody know what happens with that

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
None of the afr graphs look right. Some more time needs to be spent in tuning. The dasa is really lean up top. Goes 15 to 1. The only one that looks smooth is the stock system and jetting. Just a touch rich! Bike will definately benefit from a little more fuel.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
On his pipe it made peak hp at 15-1 afr. At 15-1 the dyno graph should start to have lean spikes in the curve. The other pipes started to run fat on top and thats why the power dropped off at a lower rpm. The graphs just dont jive. I think his sniffer is off a little

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya, I dont know much about the dynos, but I do know that there is room for improvement on that one. It could be smoothed out a little bit more for sure...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts