KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to cut a inch off would i do it from the top or how should i do it.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
If you just have to cut it, Id say it would be easier from the top, just make sure your welds are very good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you could buy a xc stem they are an inch shorter, or if you are running the taller flex bars I would trade you my low rise flex bars complete or just the riser section if you don't want 12 degree bend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you could buy a xc stem they are an inch shorter, or if you are running the taller flex bars I would trade you my low rise flex bars complete or just the riser section if you don't want 12 degree bend.

i'd cut it in the middle someplace, sleeve it, and weld it back together. The weld will be out of view and the top and bottom would still look stock.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I might be interested in trading you my XC stem for your SX stem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
We cut an inch off the top, then drilled the hole for the clamp bolt but got it off center and had to grind the steering stops and adjust the tie rod ends. Works great now.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I would just spend the little bit of $ to get an XC stem and go that route. I wouldn't recommend cutting this stem seeing as it is aluminum, unless you sleeve it, but in all honesty this seems like far too much effort when you can just use the XC stem for like $70 or something....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks guys im goin to try the xc stem first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts