KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
So I bought my first ktm atv(dream quad)
But it as a hybrid(250 2 stroke), I just took out the 250 engine and am prepping for when I get my last parts for the 450 to go back in, as I was cleaning up the frame and sub-frame today I found that the previous owner cut the lower engine mount out to put in the 2 stroke...
Im lost as what to do, do I need to fabricate some new ones...(trying to sketch out on some metal now, but hard without a physical object to compare to)
Can I run the quad with just swingarm mount and front mount??馃槵 don't really want to do that but might be a pain in the a$$ to get a new one made..

Anything helps, and I appreciate the advice!

Registered
I would mount the 450 engine at the swingarm and the front mount then build and tack in the lower mounts around it. Then pull the engine back out for final welding of the new mounts back to the frame. I wouldn't try to run it without a lower mount altogether.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would mount the 450 engine at the swingarm and the front mount then build and tack in the lower mounts around it. Then pull the engine back out for final welding of the new mounts back to the frame. I wouldn't try to run it without a lower mount altogether.
Awesome thanks. Got a plan to build with sheet metal before and then final product with 1-8" steel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts