KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what turned up today - half way around the world at a price I hope the wife never finds out about.......

[attachment=3356:DSC00227.JPG]

Nice.......

[attachment=3357:DSC00228.JPG]

Note taper on cam end for timing gear,nice idea. Holds firm yet easy to change cam timing.

[attachment=3359:Crowerhellprofile.JPG]

check out the lobe profile !!!

[attachment=3358:DSC00229.JPG]

that is one wild looking profile......... maybe it should be called the XS profile....... :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What are they saying its doing with the power band? The high grind crower in the ltr works killer. Looks nice. Whens it going in?

Pm me the price you got it for. Im just curious. Intake cam is usually an easy job.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driver: more grunt in the mid range, durations onl a few degree's more than stock but with that profile I'm guessing there's alot more valve open timing !!!

Install won't be until the new year now, I need to get a bearing, end bolt and cam wheel, I want to have the stocker as a back up drop in if needed.

I'm working right up to xmass then we go on vacation from the 26th to the 4th and back to work 5th. It's burning a hole in my pocket to just go and rip into it !! :D

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crowers off the shelf victory cam, we have had great results with the victory on MX spec YFZ's, good chunky power, so hoping for the same result on the KTM.

"07-08" SFX 450 "Victory" Cam
[KMS-450-V] $369.00
Spec. Lobe Lift - .365" Duration @ .050" - 246 deg

THE Victory” BILLET INTAKE CAMS ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY CAMS AVAILABLE. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO GIVE YOUR 4 STROKE ENGINE MORE TORQUE AND ACCELERATION ALL OVER THE POWER BAND. FOR INCREDIBLE THROTTLE RESPONSE AND SMOOTH POWER DELIVERY BUY OUR VICTORY” SERIES CAMS AND FEEL THE POWER OF CROWER.

with all the world craziness our dollar has plummeted against the US, this cam will cost me around $700 NZ, and dollar to me is the same as a dollar to you......

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crower Performance

one thing I like is the fact it's a new billet, not wanting to start an arguement re webs etc, just that given the choice i'd go for a new billet every time.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, the victory is intake only. Found them to be very effective on the YFZ's, so hoping that when we re degree the stock exhaust and add the Crower intake things are going to rip like they should !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts