KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was servicing my wifes 08 450XC (quad) today and I measured the end play because I was told that if it was off it could cause the motor to lock up after about a hour and a half of hard racing. The endplay on the crank measured out to only be .008" and spec is between .010" and .014" with .016" being recommended to me for racing
. The bike only has 40 hours on it and so far she has not noticed the engine lacking power towards the end of a hour and a half race but this coming up season she will be racing for two hours plus. Should I go ahead and split the cases and adjust the end play or wait until the summer break and hope we do not have any problems
? Thanks. BTW i cross posted this on ktmtalk. I just wanted to see if you all have seen this problem.

·
Registered
769 Posts
KTMTalk is the place to ask this question, many RFS motor experts there, just don't say anything about being a quad guy, or say anything about pipes and you'll be fine, I stated Driver and I was doing a pipe shoot-out and that got me gang raped over there....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts