KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who makes front hubs to convert it to 4/144 bolt pattern? I see Rath does if you want to give up a testicle and your first born for hubs that aren't even anodized. $429 what da f#$ Anyway, I've got all these honda bolt pattern wheels that are like new and no use for them.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well today I called Hardkor, Rpm, and no luck. I'm not going to pay Rath Racing that much for a product that is over priced with fewer features. Ie. not anodized, no tapered bearings. Guess I'll just have to sell my pile of honda wheels and start over. One of the downsides of owning a quad built in low numbers compared to the Jap stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I have had Rath hubs bought and paid for since about two weeks ago, I was told they were in stock and ready to ship, but I havn't heard back from them on shipping or anything. Kinda bummed about it because thats the only part that is holding up my quad from being rideable...

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Well today I called Hardkor, Rpm, and no luck. I'm not going to pay Rath Racing that much for a product that is over priced with fewer features. Ie. not anodized, no tapered bearings. Guess I'll just have to sell my pile of honda wheels and start over. One of the downsides of owning a quad built in low numbers compared to the Jap stuff.
what about lonestar?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I've owned Hardkor and the Rath are just as good if not better. Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rath uses three Radial ball bearings in each hub, vs. hardkor using tapered bearings which are designed to take a side load. Tapered bearings also have less rolling resitance, especially when a side load is applied. This gives you a higher cornering speed, with less tire scrub. Plus other manufactures are anodizing their hubs for a lasting finish. This is why I feel the Rath hubs are overpriced. I'm not saying the rath hubs are junk, just higher priced with less features than another maufactures hubs.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
unfortunately it is the price of doing business, especially when they are tthe first to make them... Until there are other hubs around i doubt the price will come down.

i have no doubt that you could get another hub to work, all you would have to do is adjust the fit with different bearings and shims/bushings...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.