KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had this happen a few times and wonder if anyone else has or has a solution. the lever seems to bounce out to far and you can't pull it back in. the red adjuster seems to come out of its position locking the lever in an 11'oclock position(if looking straight down on top from seat). it would seem as if the spring is not strong enough to hold it from going this far. i didn't know if anyone else has ran into this issue.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I just had this happen to me at GNCC round 4 yesterday. Really ruined my day.

:mellow: YEA THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME AFTER I ALMOST CASED A JUMP I GUESS I SMACKED THE LEVER WITH MY HAND AND IT PULLED OUT...then when i was pressure wrshing it i accidently must of hit it agaian and it popped out but yea does anybody else have this problem??lol i had caps lock on. :lol:

·
Registered
477 Posts
The 09's have a flip lever like an ASV, maybe that could be upgraded onto an 08.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The ASV lever does fit the master cylinder. I have one on my 525. However, the plunger that the red adjuster knob is hooked to has to be swapped with the one that comes on the ASV lever because it is too big in diameter. After I got it screwed back into the ASV I took a grinder and knocked off the part that the red knob hooked to. The ASV uses a different method to adjust the reach so you don't have to worry about it popping out. I'm going to talk to ASV about the plunger size for the KTM quad so that you won't have to swap the plunger when you buy one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I looked at getting a m/c from one of the 08 mini-bikes, they have the red knob lever, and the the part # does not change for 09, so to get a 9.0 m/c I would prefer an ASV type lever.

I'm still looking for ways to make the clutch pull easier, The doc just let me out of my wrist brace yesterday, gonna try to ride this weekend.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I looked at getting a m/c from one of the 08 mini-bikes, they have the red knob lever, and the the part # does not change for 09, so to get a 9.0 m/c I would prefer an ASV type lever.

I'm still looking for ways to make the clutch pull easier, The doc just let me out of my wrist brace yesterday, gonna try to ride this weekend.
so the asv's will work on the clutch side and the brake side??

thanks

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The ASV lever does fit the master cylinder. I have one on my 525. However, the plunger that the red adjuster knob is hooked to has to be swapped with the one that comes on the ASV lever because it is too big in diameter. After I got it screwed back into the ASV I took a grinder and knocked off the part that the red knob hooked to. The ASV uses a different method to adjust the reach so you don't have to worry about it popping out. I'm going to talk to ASV about the plunger size for the KTM quad so that you won't have to swap the plunger when you buy one.
hey qaud 97 what is the part number for tthis lever or rnt u sure?? b/c i definatley neeeed one it is starting to get annoying!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts