KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new 2008 525 XC---Could not pass it up: Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, 2- sets of front and rear fenders, Large KTM Front Bumper, Large KTM Nerf Bars, KTM battery charger, KTM gas jug, KTM tie downs, rear fender extenders, 2- twin air air filters, 2 -oil filters, 2 bottles of oil, chain lube, air filter cleaner, air filter cleaner and kill switch for $7300 OTD......felt like a good deal. I have never owned a KTM quad and want to run a couple things by some of you.

These quads are very different. The dealer didn't tell me anything. Example: 1. The clutch has to be pulled in to start regardless if its in neutral or not. 2. It will not go into neutral if its running (i think I read that somewhere). 3. Which way is on and off for the fuel....the manual looks different. 4. The exhaust sounds weird. My wife said it sounds like something is clanking around in the tip. 5. Everything says the clutch is self adjusting, but it keeps creeping forward. How do I fix this? 6. The off and run switch also turns off the ignition.

If any of the stuff does not sound right, can you please let me know. I appreciate your guys help.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I purchased a brand new 2008 525 XC---Could not pass it up: Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, 2- sets of front and rear fenders, Large KTM Front Bumper, Large KTM Nerf Bars, KTM battery charger, KTM gas jug, KTM tie downs, rear fender extenders, 2- twin air air filters, 2 -oil filters, 2 bottles of oil, chain lube, air filter cleaner, air filter cleaner and kill switch for 00 OTD......felt like a good deal. I have never owned a KTM quad and want to run a couple things by some of you.

These quads are very different. The dealer didn't tell me anything. Example: 1. The clutch has to be pulled in to start regardless if its in neutral or not. 2. It will not go into neutral if its running (i think I read that somewhere). 3. Which way is on and off for the fuel....the manual looks different. 4. The exhaust sounds weird. My wife said it sounds like something is clanking around in the tip. 5. Everything says the clutch is self adjusting, but it keeps creeping forward. How do I fix this? 6. The off and run switch also turns off the ignition.

If any of the stuff does not sound right, can you please let me know. I appreciate your guys help.
Welcome to KTMATVHQ really none of us owned a KTM quad until the last year or so,, so lets go through your questions, #1 true, even worse it will not start if you give it any throttle at all,
#2 it will, you just have to get use to it, (better then having 6 neutrals like some other quads #3 look at the manual, down is on up is reserve, and in the middle is off. #4 remove the nut on the end of the can, remove the screen if it is still in there, it should not sound like something is rattling around in there, remove the end cap if needed to inspect #5 after the motor warms up the creeping will stop. #6 yep that's right..
Good price by the way, I paid $9540 OTD for mine in March 08 with out the extras,
Might want a Mod to move this to the XC section

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the darkside! There is a way to bypass the clutch, but its secret LOL! also it will get easier to find neutral after you get a few hrs on it. The creeping will also go away after a few hrs. Make sure you check all the bolts and if you take off frnt plastics use antisieze on the bolts that go into the tank and DON'T over tighten them! They will spin the next time you take them out if you don't. most everybody has had a popping on decel some where fixed by jetting others where exhaust leak at the header. Overall probally the best quad I've ever had and been racing for awhile. Everbody on this site is helpful and most will go out of there way to help figure out any issues that may come up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're right, I should have put this in the XC section....I thought I did. Thanks for all the info though. You guys have been great so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts