KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

chariot performance throttle

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  quad97 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I think 2006 and up honda throttle. Anyway try kiwi craig spring mod its free and works wonders on reducing thumb fatigue. A quick ******* idea which I am guilty of trying take a spent 20 or 16 gauge shotgun shell and place it on thumb throttle......sounds lame but it. works and is great if you are in a pinch or cheap like me...

#4 ·
From what I understand the honda throttle has a better lever postion in relation to the grip. You don't have to stretch your thumb out so far which is more comfortable.

#6 ·
Looks interesting. They have a 10mm fitting option so the cable should connect without any issue. I don't see a throttle safety switch (TSS) on them so that might be a problem. Just linking the wires together doesn't work either. The 06 and up honda throttles have a TSS in them so all you have to do is cut the wires and splice them together. If you are running a dirtbike CDI box then you don't have to worry about it since the bikes don't have one anyway. I have Honda throttles on my 525 XC and on my dirtbike. The angle is far better than the 08 stock housings. Pretty similar to the 09 stock ones. Honda throttle has less throw so you don't have to push it as far to be at WOT. Effort on my 525 with the Honda throttle and my 09 SX with stock throttle are about the same. Both have a lighter Tokyo Mods spring in the carb.

One thing to note is that when installing the honda throttle, you have to about max out your throttle cable adjustment to take the play out. I might order a couple Honda throttle cables for my 525 and bike so that the adjusters are not about falling out of the carb and throttle housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.