KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM make a differnet CDi for the dirtbikes, part of the SXS factory engine kit.

Ville over on thumper talk has tested one:

"I got the thing tested and it sure adds snap in the low end and more power everywhere. In the full tilt-mode (it has the two curve mapping too..) it was almost too much ! I was riding a deep sand track so i got away with it. This time... But it will be too much for hard packed / slippery tracks. I quess i´ll be riding the "soft" mode on those occations.
I would like to get my bike on the Dyno and see what it´s made of with this box,Akrapovic and my perfectly dialed carb & acc. pump.
The thing sure goes like the Millenium Falcon.
No kidding !"

TT KTM thread

KTM SXS link

not so good news is that they won't sell it separate........

so time to hound the guys at Vortex / dyna...............

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
got a part #?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the engine kit complete is SXS.09.012.450 but no numbers on the individual components

both Vortex and Dyna do CDI's for the 2 wheelers.......... so hoping something will come up there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the engine kit complete is SXS.09.012.450 but no numbers on the individual components

both Vortex and Dyna do CDI's for the 2 wheelers.......... so hoping something will come up there.

For Dyna ... it is not planned to do a CDI for Quad.
See answer come from Dyna. (received the 12th January 2009)

In any case thanks for this really interesting information about this new CDI.

I hope than you could installed it on Quad regarding some security option on OEM CDI (like by example the STUPID throttle sensor)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Pascal,

Thank you for your interest in Dynatek ignitions. Unfortunately, we do not
offer an ignition system for this model at this time. If we can be of any
further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you,
Scott Valentine
Customer Service
Dynatek
1-800-928-DYNA (3962)
http://www.dynaonline.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have written concerning the Factorykit about KTM to the fire manager for Quads in Austria already a mail how it looks with the compatibility or whether single part this Kits can be used. What means to her the better whole solution will be, the SX450 Quad with Factorykitparts or SX 505

1 - 5 of 5 Posts