KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a helpful tip from someone on a good replacement bearing. So I went and picked them up. Much beefier than stock and slid right in. Best part about them is they can be picked up at your local napa. Bearings are about $30 a piece and seals were like $35 for both. I got mine back together tonight and it was pretty straight forward. Took about 45min total to tear down and put back together. Here is the brand and part number.

Bearings
Brand SKF
part # 32008-x You will need two.

Seals
Brand SKF
part number 19832 and 20430

Im pretty sure the first number is for the drive side. Might wanna double check when you buy. I think this will be a perminant fix. Mods might wanna sticky this if everyone agrees.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Good info on the seal numbers, but I had to replace the left bearing on the '08 Fourwerx 540 xc yesterday and that was the bearing that was in it already. SKF brand 32008x Maybe not all of these came with the same brand bearing?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had play in mine up to about 10hrs, I would have to tighten every ride until they "set" in, now I've checked and they don't seem to need any more adjustment.

Did you overtighten them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
mine fell out after about 4 miles...haha it was only because my axle nut was loose! so now I get new bearings and sprocket!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
mine are out and i was going to pick some up tomorrow and want to make sure i was getting the right stuff, i looked up the part numbers on NAPA Online and here's what i found. Are these the correct things? Thanks
yup just install the sprocket side seal backwards so the grease can excape when it is full otherwise you will push a seal out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
is this true? that wouldnt look right to me, that would put the "hollow" side out wouldnt it? i just opened up the seals i bought and even tho they are diff part numbers they are exactly the same??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yea I noticed that too, exact same seal on both sides with different part numbers, so I put the old seal back in on the chain side.

·
Registered
579 Posts
is this true? that wouldnt look right to me, that would put the "hollow" side out wouldnt it? i just opened up the seals i bought and even tho they are diff part numbers they are exactly the same??

Ya the hollow side would be out. The factory seal on the sprocket side is reverse of normal, it allows grease to exit with out blowing the seal out of the housing. The Napa seals are very similar to each other but they are different. I tried the Napa seals and after blowing it out with grease I went ahead and ordered the OEM seals from KTM and they were cheaper than the Napa seals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
These work on the XC as well?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
how often are you supposed to re-torque the bearings?

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Anyone?? - Come on guys!

Are you talking about the torque on the 47 mm axle nut that puts pre-load on the bearings?

If so 18.44 Ft lbs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts