KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, it's coming time that winter is going to set in and alot of your KTM's are going to go thru check throughs, builds, or complete re-vamps.

What i would like to know is where you think there can be improvements on the machines? Carbon fiber pieces, titanium pieces, machined parts? etc....

I'll tell you all strait out that I'll have (2) styles of Carbon Fiber hoods available for the KTM. One standard style hood, and one scooped style ( similar to the QT hood but in real CF )

What else would you all like to see be done? I'm looking to make a stamp in the industry as a company that is specialized in KTM parts, because I only want to make the highest quality products for the highest quality machines!

Any input would be much appreciated, and I will be honest with you all and tell you things that I can and cannot do. Also, some of these parts have alot of time invested in them and take lots of time to get right. ( Trust me, this first hood has went thru many changes and still isn't complete )

Thanks for all of the input..

Jay @ FourWerx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Jay

My hats off to you my friend. Finally some one is stepping up to make some quality parts for these machines. Im interested to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Possibly an add on oil cooler or somthing like that?

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
how about a stronger steering stem? and a bar riser, the SX bars are way too low

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good input so far. I'm probbaly not going to get into the oil cooler thing, but I might be able to find a company offering one.

On the steering stem, i'll look into that. I know that is something I can do. Once I get my SX here and get my spare stem for the SX, i'll get crackin' on that and get something worked through.

Jay

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the standard stem is hollow right ? - insert a ChrMoly tube down the guts to beef it up..........

On the steering stem, i'll look into that. I know that is something I can do. Once I get my SX here and get my spare stem for the SX, i'll get crackin' on that and get something worked through.

Jay

·
Registered
430 Posts
Whats your guys in put on the Walsh stem of the XC? I need a new one and am leaning towards that one, its the only one i know of. Any others?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Walsh makes very good products! I would def recommend theres!!!!

Jay
Do you have any connections there by chance for a possible price break?

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
DO NOT BUY THE WALSH STEM!

the stock stem has 2 o-rings, one on each side of the upper bushing, the walsh stem doesnt, this allown dirt and mud and sand to pack itself into that bushing, it makes steering nigh impossible, go with stock again definetly

·
Registered
579 Posts
How about a new throttle cover with a hot start lever?

·
Registered
430 Posts
DO NOT BUY THE WALSH STEM!

the stock stem has 2 o-rings, one on each side of the upper bushing, the walsh stem doesnt, this allown dirt and mud and sand to pack itself into that bushing, it makes steering nigh impossible, go with stock again definetly
you said in another post that you used fork seals and it worked awesome. Which one is it?

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
we had to put fork seals on the walsh stem, its still pretty heavy to steer and the bushing needs replacing on a regular basis but its a lot better than it was

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright guys, it's coming time that winter is going to set in and alot of your KTM's are going to go thru check throughs, builds, or complete re-vamps.

What i would like to know is where you think there can be improvements on the machines? Carbon fiber pieces, titanium pieces, machined parts? etc....

I'll tell you all strait out that I'll have (2) styles of Carbon Fiber hoods available for the KTM. One standard style hood, and one scooped style ( similar to the QT hood but in real CF )

What else would you all like to see be done? I'm looking to make a stamp in the industry as a company that is specialized in KTM parts, because I only want to make the highest quality products for the highest quality machines!

Any input would be much appreciated, and I will be honest with you all and tell you things that I can and cannot do. Also, some of these parts have alot of time invested in them and take lots of time to get right. ( Trust me, this first hood has went thru many changes and still isn't complete )

Thanks for all of the input..

Jay @ FourWerx
how about just a carbon fiber light cover for those who dont want to spend alot of money for an entire hood? ive looked everywhere for one before i start racing but cant find one, id still like to keep my headlight on the bike.....any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts