KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Carbon Fiber FLEX handle bars (compatible with Precision Clamps)

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  flooringit 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I kept this a secret for some time but it's time to spill the beans, considering I still need few years to catch up to pro riders. :lol:

TwistedEngineering.com is a company on the east coast that develops carbon fiber 1 and 1/8 handle bars for dirt bikes (which fit ATVs as well). I've been running their carbon fiber bars for a month or two and am pleased so decided to give them a review and grow awareness of their business.

Their handle bars weigh slightly less than the stock Magura. The big advantage is that they flex like Fast Company flexx bars. They have 3 types of bars. 1x flex, 2x flex, and 3x flex. The 3x flex are the ones that flex the most and is the ones I would recommend.

The BIGGEST advantage I found with these handle bars is that they are compatible with the Precision Steering Clamps. Something Fast Company flexx bars are not. I have Fast Company flex bars, precision clamps, Magura bars, these carbon fiber bars, and I tested all the combinations. And definitely if you are one that runs either no Fast Company flex bars, or just the precision clamps then these carbon fiber flex bars are going to be for you.

They have two bends. I have the "02" bend which is the Windham and it works great for me.

One other thing - you can cut the bars with a saw so you can make them less wide (which is what I done), and also I've rode for a while with them without a single crack or issue.

Picture attached. :)

There's not a lot of info on the web about them and took me some time to find them. If you want more info just let me know. These are really nice handle bars and the company deserves some publicity!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
You obvisously don't know who he is lol. He has lots of high tech stuff. And is a dedicated mx racer.

#6 ·
sorry for the ignorant questions, i am new to the forum so no i do not know him. i am very interested in composit materials for my ktm. i am a big buy (6'1'' 210lbs) in the standards of mx racers so less weight of any sorts is good. with that being said im not familiar with the producs so safty is naturaly a concern. i plan to order some stuff from x stream soon, i have found several good reviews on his stuff(stem, motor mounts, brake stay, tie rods)

#7 ·
Yep I have a drag stem by brad it's very nice. The guy who started this thread is always looking for lighter and stronger.

#8 ·
It's a very fair question. Same question I originally had. Honestly I run them with Precision Clamps and found the combination of Brad's CF stem + Precision Clamps + TwistedEngineering CF handle bars is the best setup I can come up with for the front. All 3 of these products alone are definitely excellent too.

Obviously it's all up to personal preference. I ride motocross and I haven't had a single issue to date. The handle bars were built for motocross dirt bike riders and I know they tested them with some excellent riders on the East Coast so I doubt they'd be risking their reputation if they didn't believe their own product would work.

Just make sure you get the 3x flex if you do. You can email Doug: info [ at ] twistedengineering.com

#11 ·
Guy is on welfare if he can afford them anyone can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.