KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Can You Hear That"
My Quad is sitting on my trailer and I swear I can hear it purring. Its just like a Lion getting a good nights sleep before it stalks its prey tomorrow. So if your in Oregon and happen to be going to Florence tomorrow, if your on anything less than a KTM I pity you. I don't really know what they put inside my KTM but when it See's one of those Japanese machines anywhere near it, well lets just say I really got to grab the grips extra tight because it lets out a huge roar and takes off and the only thing I can see behind me is a sand storm. So if your in the area of Florence Sunday May 4th you may just want to bring a shovel to dig yourself out after the sand settles.
If you want to spot me, just look for a sand junkie hoisting a flag that says "Piss on Cycle Sports"
-Voodoo

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
me any mt KTM are going on the prowl today at the MX track. notice that im posting this at 5:40 AM

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
LMAO........lordy............. be prepared to get ya butt handed to you on a plate after it's been roosted......... the KTM's are nice but not not "that" fast !!

one thing i've learned over the years there is always someone faster out there !!!!

still scare em stupid and rip n tear is all good !

·
Registered
316 Posts

go find a yfz that says 'tech' on it and see what the jap bikes can do. lol. meow. these katooms are certainly off to a nice start... but they don't own the hill / track / dunes just yet.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts

go find a yfz that says 'tech' on it and see what the jap bikes can do. lol. meow. these katooms are certainly off to a nice start... but they don't own the hill / track / dunes just yet.
ha, it wont be long... my 540 no doubtedly makes more power than my 523 could have ever thought about making and the best part is at 1/4 of the cost!

i love to shit talk...

·
Registered
316 Posts
ha, it wont be long... my 540 no doubtedly makes more power than my 523 could have ever thought about making and the best part is at 1/4 of the cost!

i love to shit talk...
i didn't say they 'won't'.... i just said they 'don't' just yet.

when ktm starts making piano's and stereo's I'll be impressed. smack talker, you never even rode your 523..... ha..... so that opinion is worth a sack of old potatoes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Day went pretty damn good, sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, I was owning the 450's pretty easy. I thought a renegade might come close but it was no match. I barely lost to a few raptors but I really don't know if they was stock or modded, I never asked. One of the guys with me had a tricked out banshee. It was wicked fast, he never lost a climb all day and normally won by about 6 bike lengths. There was one race where about 8 quads where lined up .... 3 450's 2 raptors took off first about 3 seconds later 3 banshee's took off, one of them was the guy that went with me. He beat everyone to the top even the group that left before him. There was a pretty impressive sand rail there also, well it looked impressive till my buddy on the banshee wasted him away.
I know there is no mod I can do to my ktm to compete with my buddies banshee, that I'll just have to live with. But regardless of who it can or can't beat it was a damn good time out there on the sand. I pretty much owned my buddies on the whoops. I had a friend of my help me with that and I was very surprised what he had told me to do. All this time i wanted to make my shocks softer like a lot of you but my friend told me to make the compression dampener/recoil to max then back them off a few notches.
My final settings
Front: compression 10 clicks from stiff (factory is 14) recoil 8 clicks (factory is 20)
Rear Compression 5 clicks from stiff (factory is 15) recoil 3 clicks (factory is 15)
Seems kinda strange that stiffer made for a better ride. I did a few 5ft drops and it felt so smooth with the adjustments, I was expecting to brace myself and it was very nice. Going over the whoops the front seemed a bit stiff but it skipped over the whoops so much better.
I Also added a precision stabilizer, recommended settings for dunes was 6/8 I felt for me it was a lot better at 4/6.
Well that's it for now.....
-Voodoo

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure if my nephew got any video, but I know he got pictures. I'll try to post them when he comes home. Yes that Banshee was the sickest ride I've seen, He really did a good job making it what it is.
Far as building the KTM up, someone on here did the 610cc I believe it was and said it was not that fast.
-Voodoo

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
wow that Shee is damn fast...
The engine will not last very much that way though but either way they were not meant to last...

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow that Shee is damn fast...
The engine will not last very much that way though but either way they were not meant to last...
Actually his last engine (before his rebuild this last week) lasted him 3 years. He was still beating the guy who built his bike 2 weeks ago who was running alcohol. But his right cynlinder had a bad seal in it so this last week we rebuilt the motor and installed some P4's bored and ported it and put it back together.

To get 2 years in a drag banshee is good but he got 3 and could have went more but he decided to make it alittle faster for this summer lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.