KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you all are going with for cam's on the 09 SX? I have to get mine figured out.

Thanks, jay

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Pretty limited choice

Web offer three profiles, all hardweld regrinds

Crower offer a billet intake, between the midrange and top end webs in timing specs

KTM offer a SXS engine kit (mega dollars) with there own uprated cams, ligter crank, revised CDI etc etc.

Try retiming the stockers first, this is a good improvement over the lazy std settings.

The Crower gives it a real good kick in the midrange.

·
Registered
880 Posts
where do you find this SXS engine kit at?? i would like to know more about that
Not in the USA N/A here and it's for the dirt bikes. It's on the KTM web site under racing.
Bill

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What are the cams that Baldwin has?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Baldwin = Webs

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered mine, and went with the 88a/673 grind. I guess its an overall performance cam. I didn't want to get too extreme.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice buddy! Lucky Dawg

·
Registered
880 Posts
Jay thats what Mark is using
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright sweet, that's what I figured. I just want an all around good cam, but nothing too crazy.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just had a few questions regarding the cams. Do you have to separate the chain to change cams and if so does it take the same link as the XC RFS motors? What is the part # for the crank positioning bolt for timing the motor. Are there any other special tools needed to time the cams other than a degree wheel? If so what are the part #s for them and what is the best place to get a cam degree kit? I have never degreed a set of cams before, but have done just about everything else mechanic wise. Is it very hard to set the cams or just requires a little extra care? I guess this is more than a few questions and I would appreciate any responses.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Tools needed mounting pin clutch cover # 77329012100, locking screw TDC # 77329010000, bridge tool cams # 77329050000 this tool set your cams. Line up the timing marks top cam chain gear, you may have to turn the motor over 5 or6 times to line it up.
Bill

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Crower – new billet

"07-08" SFX 450 "Victory" Cam

Spec. Lobe Lift - .365" Duration @ .050" - 246 deg

THE “Victory” BILLET INTAKE CAMS ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY CAMS AVAILABLE. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO GIVE YOUR 4 STROKE ENGINE MORE TORQUE AND ACCELERATION ALL OVER THE POWER BAND. FOR INCREDIBLE THROTTLE RESPONSE AND SMOOTH POWER DELIVERY BUY OUR “VICTORY” SERIES CAMS AND FEEL THE POWER OF CROWER.

WEB CAM - hardweld regrinds

88mc/217
In .466/ex.420 244°/232° @ .050"
LCA in 104.5 ex 106
Excellent torque profile designed for Supercross application.

88a/673
in.460/ex.430 258°/255° @ .050"
LCA in 111 ex 107.5
Bolt in profile increases overall performance throughout RPM range.

808/709
in.480/ex.440 267°/258° @ .050"
LCA in 108 ex 108
Performance profile designed to increase mid and upper end performance. Check ALL clearances!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hate to bring up an old post but younsaid re timing the stock cams as an upgrade? What are you retarded the exhaust cam 1 tooth like the yfz, s or something else im interested to hear about this

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
you have to get a degree wheel and do it that way. not sure what you change it to though. i think kiwi tried this and ended up not being much improvement if i remember correctly.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
retiming stock, didn't do much, allot of work for bugger all.....

crower added a nice mid range surge over stock.

webs 88a/673 mid plus 1 hp, peak plus 5hp and big over rev ability, holds power right to the limiter with bugger all power drop off........ very aggressive cams

·
Registered
126 Posts
Will get those when I get my tax return.. I dont need to check valve/piston clearance with these when using a 13.5:1 piston do I? And I time them like the stock ones?

Thanks for the reply

1 - 20 of 21 Posts