KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

camber castor gauges, what do you use ?

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sticko2 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
lol. im still old school i guess. i use a straight edge and angle finder with a level. lol.

#6 ·
Thats exactly the way I do it.

#7 ·
i want to be able to compare setting etc at ride height and differnt setups without taking all day with right angles, string lines and allot of muckin around............

Thinking of going with the digital version, I want numbers............... Sticko I like the phone app, what will they think of next aye...........

#10 ·
I just set mine up with an acculevel camber/caster digital gauge that had the screw on adaptor with Seth at sf racing - I believe he got his from left-hander chassis. FYI the spindle nut on our ktms are smaller then the hondas - found that out after we were all setup.

Hope this helps everyone!

#12 ·
I have the camber/castor gauge. Not that one. There is a more accurate one: Camber Gauge and Castor Tools

See camber/castor gauge #2 on the middle of that page. It works like a charm and it is always VERY accurate. The camber readings are my favorite because it takes literally 3 seconds to do it. The castor on the other hand is more tricky as it requires you to first stick some tape at certain angles on the floor, etc. Then again, I think there is no other way to do a castor reading so that's as simple as it'll get.

I also have the laser toe gauge which was pretty expensive. Word of advice - don't get the laser toe gauge unless you are a serious Formula 1 racer or somewhere up there. Not really good for quads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.