KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm heading to our dealer tomorrow to put a good down payment on my quad down, i'm still waiting for my loan to transfer to my account so i dont know if i'll be able to purchase it tomorrow but we'll see

i have a question regarding the head pipe though..i was told to wrap it in header tape to prevent some parts from melting together, is that true or what? crap melting together is the last thing i want

oh and if theres any other things i need to do out of the box to prevent future problems could you let me know??

that'd be great..

later

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey i'm heading to our dealer tomorrow to put a good down payment on my quad down, i'm still waiting for my loan to transfer to my account so i dont know if i'll be able to purchase it tomorrow but we'll see

i have a question regarding the head pipe though..i was told to wrap it in header tape to prevent some parts from melting together, is that true or what? crap melting together is the last thing i want

oh and if theres any other things i need to do out of the box to prevent future problems could you let me know??

that'd be great..

later
Head pipe probally had exhaust leak also,an the clutch screech !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you can get a 450 and at a pretty good buy, get it. Then get the 540 kit. Try to work out an install price if you can't do it your self. Also get JD Jetkit and a adjustable fuel mix screw. If you want to mod it further then you should get familiar with this forum as you will find a lot of good info. Also check the sponsor links above, they can set your quad up pretty pimp.
-Voodoo

·
Registered
315 Posts

that'd be great..

later
This month's Dirt Wheels has an article on 525 XC upgrades, e.g., FMF exhaust, etc., and they mention a problem with melting a vent tube running from the engine to the carburator. I just checked my 525 and didn't find any melting. I think they're talking about the vent hose that runs behind the header. It's zipp tied to the coolant hose. It's close--about an inch--but not close enough to melt. If it got moved it might, so it's something to check now and then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This month's Dirt Wheels has an article on 525 XC upgrades, e.g., FMF exhaust, etc., and they mention a problem with melting a vent tube running from the engine to the carburator. I just checked my 525 and didn't find any melting. I think they're talking about the vent hose that runs behind the header. It's zipp tied to the coolant hose. It's close--about an inch--but not close enough to melt. If it got moved it might, so it's something to check now and then.
I rerouted that vent hose on the carb

Blocked the carb off and ran the hose from crankcase up and down in frontof the swing arm

·
Registered
430 Posts
I rerouted that vent hose on the carb

Blocked the carb off and ran the hose from crankcase up and down in frontof the swing arm
how did you block off the carb. Im working on doing this too

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree completely with voodoomagic on the jd jet kit. I have on plus a an hmf pipe, and I think a got more power out of the jetting by far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts