KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with swingarms other than bushings.I raced last weekend in the GNCC in GA.Thought i had a flat tire halfway thru 3rd lap.Stopped and checked.No flat but swingarm was cracked behind shock.I didn't hit anything other than normal racing obsticals.When i got home I pulled the swingarm off and it was in 3 pieces.
Swingarm was fine at the start.I always check everything after every race.
Anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
i have weld mine 5 or 6 times now i need a new one

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
mine broke at both brake line holders and at the cross brace in front of the shock on both sides not to mention the frame braking, foot pegs braking, stem braking, seat rubbing threw the sub frame,ball joints, tie rods, brakes going out, WOW i could go on all night but i am tired i am going to bed

·
Registered
242 Posts
I too am a victim of the broken swing arm, broken at the brake line holder and the main croos support in front of the shock mount. Did not hit anything or crash, just from normal abuse. I am shocked that it broke the way it did, almost like it just tore the metal!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is anyone making any aftermarket swingarms for the KTMs

·
Registered
207 Posts
Join the club.. I broke 3 last season the last being at the unadilla gncc iv been looking in to aftermarket ones as it ruined my season.
walsh racing has one. All of the stock ones seem to break in the same point.

eric

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Why not skin them over with gusseting / plating to beef em up……. but by then it's just easier to make a new one…….

mainly seems to be the XC……..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts