KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has broken the steering on there frame yet? Mine has broke where the steering block bolts to the frame. The bracket just pulled away from the frame. I never rolled it or crash in a manner that would cause it. This is the second problem I have had with this frame. The first was the stock steering dampner bracket for my scott dampner just broke off and made the dampner junk.

[attachment=1421:100_0668.JPG]

here is my first problem
[attachment=1422:100_0541.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
mine did the same thing i just keep fixing it my swing arm is broken to

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Looks like we need a gusset kit here in a couple spots

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
thats what i did i welded triangles in and its fine now

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I did notice that the Stabilizer mount was made from a pop can

·
Registered
253 Posts
this happened to me over the weekend @the NC GNCC. Ktm was on the spot, I told them what happened. Sam with Amda McGill told me to call Ktm as soon as possible. Call Ktm North America and ask for Brian.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well, let us know what KTM is doing for you guys!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dealer called ktm. ktm said they would like to see the frame, which ment I would have to ship the quad to them and be without it for who knows how long. With my race season starting soon and needing something to practice on I guess I will fix it myself. If I have one more problem with this bike and I will sell it and go back to yamaha. I had a 04 yfz for 4 years and never had issues like this.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
dude if youd seen what my xc went throught at the mx track you wouldnt be going back, its a legend at our races now, went all 16 rounds without a DNF, and it was ridden by no less than 6 riders, ranging from jr(C class) to pro.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
welded it really solid this weekend. I will keep you posted if it brakes again. I would hate to get rid of it but I have had nothing but problems with just the little things on this quad. I love the way it handles and the motor it the best. It is starting to wear me down and I know a yamaha sucks but it always started and got me though a race.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I told KTM,"I have an 86 LT250r at home. The quadracer is more durable than the 08 ktm quad. I told them I has taking my 525 to the yahmaha dealer to trade it in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is starting to wear me down and I know a yamaha sucks but it always started and got me though a race.

That sucks. I hate it. It feels like you've been let down or pooped on or something. :(

That's the exactly how my YFZ made me feel. :angry: Hope it gets better for ya!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Its ALSO how my LTR made me feel. Just as KTMBILL descriced to me about Kawi, It was a confidence remover!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts