KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tore the rubber boot between the carb and the engine.... the problem is that boot is back ordered until september 18th

are there any other KTM boots off the bikes that fit on the XC quad? i dont really wanna make something homemade cuz i dont want to risk messing anything up...

i thought i remember reading that XC quad owners were swapping their boots out with one from a dirtbike that was thicker and more durable...

i could really use some help on this one cuz i cant go a month without riding

thanks guys, later

·
Registered
49 Posts
The boot for the 525 dirtbike will work. It is shorter than the stock one, but it works fine. It is cheaper than the ATV one also! I have one on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
hopefully your dealer is crossing the ktm part number because the boot is not a quad only part. it is the same on the '06 450 smr/sx/sxs and '07 450 smr... some of these dealers arent very smart and they think since it is a quad part they automatically dont have it.

i am pretty sure that the '06 525 sx boot will work. below are some part numbers that i would ask your dealer about.

atv boot pn: 59436044100
'05 525 sx racing pn: 59036044100
'06 525 sx pn: 59036044200
'07 525 xc pn: 77036044000

i hope this helps, good luck!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
hopefully your dealer is crossing the ktm part number because the boot is not a quad only part. it is the same on the '06 450 smr/sx/sxs and '07 450 smr... some of these dealers arent very smart and they think since it is a quad part they automatically dont have it.
Now thats funny Bronson....I can testify to the Dealers for all Quads & UTV's...I think they can't see the trees for the forest...you would think they would have a very good idea of comparable parts...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU! yeah i was at my dealer today and they know the boot also fits on the SMR bikes but the KTM dealer site says the boot is back ordered until september 18th and it's right in the middle of my riding season right now

so i'm gonna look into getting a boot from one of the 525 SX bikes....you mentioned it's alittle shorter? anyone think that could cause any issue's? how much shorter? it can't be much....

Chadix why did you put one on your quad? did your stock one rip too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah my boot ripped too! The shorter boot works fine, the only thing that give me problems was how tight it is to get in there to put it back on!! Other than that, it's all good.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my ktm buddy at our dealer said he's gonna call some ppl and see if he can get a stock boot by the end of the weekend, or at least locate one and get one shipped..but if he cant get anything by monday he's gonna order the boot you recommended!

i ordered this new key relocater kit too that KTM just came out with, it's not availible yet but i ordered it!

hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he got me a stock boot! placed the order today! i'll be riding by the end of the weekend thank god

i've been going through withdrawls

1 - 8 of 8 Posts