KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a race this weekend that was really dusty and saw a guy with a k&n filter mounted to his helmet. anyone have any ideas of how or what he used to make a filter to breath threw, the dust was really sillty and sucking in dust for 2 hours isnt fun or good for the lungs. i would like to create something similar to breath threw for the next mega dust race since there hasnt been a hole lot of rain in this area.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
You should just get a painters mask filter unit that they use in paint booths. We use them here at our dealership, and they work nicely. They maken them pretty compact now too.

I guess i just wouldn't see a problem breathing if you are moving quick enuf.

Thanks, jay

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its normaly not but 3 of our race sites are virgin grounds and all the dirt has never been turned over. its so thick you cant even see the person in front of you or the course. ive never had a problem b4 but this weekend was crazy. I still finished third in my class will running a flat tire for the last three laps.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
The paint masks work real well. You can buy them in packs of 20 or so at the local hardware store.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone try a snorkel tube threw the side of the helmet with a filter on the outside of the helmet.
ive never breathed threw a snorkel and im not sure how comfortable they are.
just an idea???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.