KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 525,and it works perfect for cross country racing and the practice and play riding I do on mx. Works perfect that is, when it's not broke. I took a pretty hard tumble in the woods on my 2nd race this season and when I went to flip my quad back over I noticed the steering stem had snapped in half, I know this has happened to others as well so thats probably not a big suprise. In my third race I hit something like a rock in some tall grass and found out 2 laps later when my wheel flew off that I had broke 2 lobes off my rear hub. Now with her back together and set up on the wide setting in back I headed out for some MX practice on a local track, I lost my rear brakes on the first moto and found the casting had broke off @ the top pin and my outside shoe was spit out on the track. I never hit anything ecept the jumps!!! Am I the only one who keeps finding the weak spot every time I ride? This is getting very frustrating and I had to vent a little. I guess at this point I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for replacing my rear caliper short of buying a brand new one. And again, is anyone else breaking something every time they ride thier KTM?

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
mine has been great, ive been hard on her though, heres my list

steering stem, hard rollover

top right a-arm, hit into big pile of dirt and rocks, flipped hard

front right caliper, spacers left it out in the open

piston and cylinder, forgot to change oil

mines a 450 and i have it set up for MX, first in my class!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts