KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 450xc. After a couple of yrs of it basically just sitting in garage I took it to a shop to get some work done. During first big outing the brakes kinda seemed to lock up. The rear brake became super pressurized and you could not push the brake. With that the rear brake got super hot and when attempting to bleed to take some pressure away it was boiling. Fast forward I took it to shop and they rebuild entire rear caliper(thought that was issue) took it out this week to just ride around the yard and it is still doing it after only 5-10 mins of riding. When it does it it shows the rear brake light on even when off the bike. You can let the bike sit and cool and the issue goes away. Super long post and hopefully for those that have read can give me some guidance鈥 just wanna ride. 馃槖馃槙

Registered
Never experienced issues on the quads, but have read about this on a KTM bike forum. Make sure there is a little play in the brake pedal linkage. If it's tight from the start it leaves no room for expansion once you start using it and things heat up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never experienced issues on the quads, but have read about this on a KTM bike forum. Make sure there is a little play in the brake pedal linkage. If it's tight from the start it leaves no room for expansion once you start using it and things heat up.
thanks for the info I鈥檒l take a look. I鈥檝e already had master cylinder rebuilt and didn鈥檛 fix problem on to brake lines next if i can鈥檛 find a 鈥渟imple鈥 fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts