KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loud knock in the bottom end with the clutch engaged. When I let the clutch out it goes away..I inspected the clutch found no issues. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a loud knock in the bottom end with the clutch engaged. When I let the clutch out it goes away..I inspected the clutch found no issues. Any ideas?

Thanks
[/quot

I know when im in netraul an my clutch is out its kinda like tick tick tick and then you pull it in and it goes away so is that what ur hearing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya but the noise seems very loud... The bike runs fine I just am not used to that loud of a noise...

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
our xc is rattely as at idle: we think it is back lash chatter in the clutch basket - clutch plates with no load - idle.......... as soon as the clutch is pulled it's quite. The quite stock pipe makes the noise more noticable.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
mine does the same thing sounds bad

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
talked with ktm rep he said to look at right side crank bolt comes lose if that is tight could be bearings at balance shaft or crank

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
took side cover off tonight crank bolt finger loose made repair niose gone

GAME BACK ON

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Hey Ron, are you talking about the clutch pack side (right hand) & did you have to replace the housing gasket?
That side is a left hand thread on the crank isn't it?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
yes clutch side. no for gasket.it is an aluminum nut, left hand thread, on the end of crank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts