KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got Alpine Star Tech 3's a really like them for the price. Stiff but feel good. I only trail ride with them though.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
astars tech 10s for me, they were really stiff in the beginning but the are nice now, buckles are a pain though, you have to hammer on them so they lock properly, the pry them off when youre done

·
Registered
99 Posts
My only pointer is DO NOT buy fox trackers. I had them for 6 months and they weren't even close to waterproof. the first puddle i hit my feet were soaked every time. if you only ride desert where there is no water go for it, but any water at all and it will find it's way to your socks. I have alpinestars tech 8's now and my feet are very happy.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Gaerne 10's and 12's, only one thats comfortable on my big hoof.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love my SG10's, Ive had mine for a good 3 years of hard motocross and they are still amazing. I know they would be just as good for trail riding.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sidid Crossfire SRS in white of course ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
for rec riding i love sportin' my Thor 50/50 boots! you can ride....walk to check something out.....ride....chill by fire....ride.... play horseshoes....ride B)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
the thor 50/50 boots are prolly a half step above my caterpillars lol, interesting, havent seen them before.

had other boots before, when i rode 2 wheels, just they never flexed enough for me on my quad, seemed to bind. and i didnt wanna spend 300+ on boots to ride in the woods. ill have to look into those.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had both Fox F3 and Sidi. I love the Sidi for the flex and comfort. The Fox felt plush but stiff and hard to maneuver in. I now use the Sidi Crossfire and feel they are the best full height boot and wont ever go back to Fox.
This is a personal choice everyone needs to make it them self...try them all on, everyones foot is different and every boot will fit different.
Test Fit, Test Fit and Test Fit.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How durable are the Fox F3's? I love my Forma's but they're starting to show some wear and I found out a couple of month's ago that I can log into the Fox dealer site since they have some kind of deal worked out with my employer. I figure I can't go wrong for less than $150.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thor 50/50 for rec riding only...dont race in 'em. lol. they have the hard solid soles like a normal boot and they buckle on the "high tops" part also so when you're jumping the foot pegs dont eat your foot arch and support ankle really well. also if you dont run heel guards...bad choice of boot.they're my fav for the dunes too
the thor 50/50 boots are prolly a half step above my caterpillars lol, interesting, havent seen them before.

had other boots before, when i rode 2 wheels, just they never flexed enough for me on my quad, seemed to bind. and i didnt wanna spend 300+ on boots to ride in the woods. ill have to look into those.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thor 50/50 for rec riding only...dont race in 'em. lol. they have the hard solid soles like a normal boot and they buckle on the "high tops" part also so when you're jumping the foot pegs dont eat your foot arch and support ankle really well. also if you dont run heel guards...bad choice of boot.they're my fav for the dunes too
I dont race, just woods... hence y i wear my cat boots now lol. i could see the shortness being an issue tho.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i thought i had a nice boot in the tech 10s, but the sidis are on a whole other level. even my buddy with sg12s said he liked the way they feel

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Just got another set of gaerne sg10s. Man these boots work well for me. Little to no break in time and very easy to move around in with that pivot system. My last pair lasted 2 full years of riding, and still are decent back up boots.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I have a pair of the thor 50 / 50 for duning and trail riding, they are perfect in that application and not as hot to wear as full boots. My next pair of race boots will be another set of gaernes for sure

21 - 39 of 39 Posts